Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

subaru impreza/5.0 mustang/dodge stratus r/t, interstate fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:23 AM
MOPAR_MANIAC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: subaru impreza/5.0 mustang/dodge stratus r/t, interstate fun

the guy who has the 400+hp stratus is from north huntington his name isalan telesz ,and the transmission wasnt from a kit it was custom built (still has some problems)to fit cars with smaller engines like the stratus and neon, its not an officialy liscensed transmission or anything like that , and its still nothing to brag about because my car stalls out everywhere with it, the engine was custom built too, i dont know if you read any of my other posts but i found my car in a junk yard , no engine ,transmission and the front axle was smashed, apperantly what happened was the warranty for anything that would have been covered was voided for some kind of after market part that was later stripped from the car when they were parting it out, i dont know EXACTLY what went on with that , all i know is it had a steel beam fall on the front end or something like that , but yeah, nothing is official , its like a frankenstein engine , mostly mopar parts and some other odd end stuff , and it is the same 3.0 they make for the stealth, but its was stripped a bit and fitted for smaller parts ,i dont know much about it really, im not into the whole car fixing thing, like i said , my dad does all the work, you guys have me interested aswell as to what EXACTLY he did , if i can get a camera, i want to post some videos and pics and stuff , maybe you could tell me what you see, im also going to ask my dad some questions so i know exactly what im talking about, im basically reapeting what he has told me , i dont really know anything about it. I also dont want anybody to think that im trying to be some kind of genius mechanic or anything like that , because i really dont know what half of this means.....Oh yeah, mopar DOESNT make a turbo kit for the stratus, but i dont have a stratus engine
i DO have picks of the car before we did anything to it though, and how badly everything looked from the steel beam incedent, everybody always gets a laugh out of those.....but yeah , im not tryin to BS anybody , cause i can see that feeling starting to spawn , im probably mistaken because i REALLY dont know what anything means , i hope to have a better picture painted for you when i know exactly whats going on , i think alan telesz has a page on Cardomain.com ill try and find the link

its pretty cool that you were a reg at PRP, did you know jeff stingy? he ran a vette ( im not sure what year ) and he had an old coronet that he liked to play with , just curious

Old 01-26-2007, 01:46 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you know, when i first read this thread, i didnt notice where you were...ive also been involved in a LONG high speed run around that area of 79, with a WRX...

i dont recognize the names that you mentioned...i know a bunch of guys with old coronets, but i dont know all of their names...im with the bob george racing team.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:28 PM
skate_or_die2008
Rookie

If it was a Wrx its hard to believe you beat it. But i may be wrong ...

Old 01-27-2007, 04:18 AM
MOPAR_MANIAC

theres a guy up in new castle with a fully restored coronet too, you get alot of action on 79, they just made the grove city south bound exit a two lane ramp, its a straight ramp with no bend, fun to start a race off of, i seen the impreza again, it was only a 2.2L not the WRX, i heard the WRX models are FAST

Old 01-28-2007, 06:13 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The WRX's are pretty nice with 230 horsepower, but they're quick and not necessarily fast due to their AWD. They run the 1/4 mile in 14.5-14.6 and 0-60mph in mid-high 5'swhich is very good. They run about $25,000-$26,000 new, so it's not exactly cheap. The WRX STi is very fast with a 300 horsepower 4 cylinder and run the 1/4 in 13.0-13.8 and 0-60mph in 4.5-5.1 seconds (times vary based on model year), but they are fairly expensive at around $33,000-$34,000.

Old 01-28-2007, 09:25 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

ORIGINAL: skate_or_die2008

If it was a Wrx its hard to believe you beat it. But i may be wrong ...
it wasnt really a race, just like cat and mouse along the highway, at something like 3am...we were cooking along pretty good. and i believe that the non-WRX is called the 25RS, no?

Old 01-29-2007, 09:03 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

As far as I know the 2.5 RS is another version of the Impreza just like the WRX is. For a while I really liked the 2.5 RS, but that was back when they had 2 door versions, I never liked them as a 4 door since the WRX and STi were all 4 doors. I liked the idea of swapping the STi drivetrain into the last year of the 2 door 2.5 RS.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:08 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i also liked the 2 door versions, but they were pigs. they were "the answer" to the ricers who coudlnt afford a wrx or sti, and they would badge them as the performance models.

Old 01-30-2007, 02:39 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That they were which is why I always had the swap idea that would make it worthwhile.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:56 PM
junkman306
Veteran

Does anybody else smell that?

Quick Reply: subaru impreza/5.0 mustang/dodge stratus r/t, interstate fun