Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Drag strip

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Sweets
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag strip

My local drag strip just posted their 2007 schedule yesterday and my hearts been pumping since... have had my srt4 two years but only last year finally found someone interested in taking me and showing me the ropes... my very very first race i was passenger so I could just watch and learn my second race i drove and beata new mazda 6 or something... that was the final night of the year for sport compacts and I was hooked... Cant beleive I have been waiting and thinking about opening day for the past four months and now the count down begins... Ive even bought a portable BBQ and lawn chair for test and tune days... Its amazing how friendly and helpful all the guys at the track are... its not really about compitition, but more about having fun and appreciating everyones cars and what they've done to them... Im completly hooked...and I really needto practice at the tree....

Does anyone else remember their first time racing at a strip? Do you remember the feeling? What were you driving and how long ago was it?
[/align]

Old 01-18-2007, 01:10 PM
skate_or_die2008
Rookie
Default RE: Drag strip

There is one strip around where i live but its not that big .. the track is in bad condition and ive only been to it once .. i found one about 45 miles from where i live but i havent been there yet. As soon as i get that new motor droped in my 91 stealth i will definatly head out there to see whats up with it ...Whens opening day at your track? are you racing that day? have you done anything to your srt4 or is it stock?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:08 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when i was 16, the mirada looked very nice, and we entered it in car shows...we were at an all mopar car show/race event...the mopar northern classic held at quaker city raceway in salem ohio. i had only had my license for a few weeks, and after the car show judging, they announced that any of the show cars that wanted could make a run down the track. my dad went first to "make sure that it will make it the whole track without blowing up"...it didnt blow up, so then i got in and made a pass...it was completely stock, with the exception of the leanburn removed.

it ran a blistering 18.72 at like 60mph...but having only been driving for a few weeks, that seemed like incredible speed. one of my dads friends walked past us in the lanes and said "youd better be careful or he will end up with the racing bug"..it didnt seem feasible, but it was only a few months later and we were pulling the 318 in favor of the 340...

Old 01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Sweets

Yea Ill definetly be racing that day. The last few times I went I didnt even bring my car and sitting on the stands wishing I was out there was not a nice feeling. The next time I did bring it and all the guys in the SC were under the hood looking at it and it was bone stock yet they were all interested and excited. I only have one race under my belt, but its all I ever think about now. Ive done alot of street racing (we have alot of long stretch of road with no traffic and only grass shoulders, in highschool someone painted quarter mile markers in the middle of the street) but actually being timed and the staging area is so exciting. Right now my cars engine is basically stock... BOV, short shifter, waste gate,but I was really trying to hold on to my warrenty as much as possible cuz well, Ive used it alot in the past already. so this year... I want to see what my car can do, then start working on it and slowly see improvments. Ive only seen two other srt4s at the track... this year ill go say hi [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 01-18-2007, 04:52 PM
skate_or_die2008
Rookie

Yeah, I have never raced at a track or strip but 2 nights ago i raced from the parking lot of a chinease restaraunt to the next town over it was so awesome.. I love road courses when we hit the interstate for about a mile before getting off he got ahead of me pretty good because he has about 40 more whp but when we got off on the first turn he took it to wide and i slid in on the inside and took him for about 300 feet or so and then the next corner i got my lead back but on the straightaway he took it back so i got in behind him and drafted him untill almost the city limits and came around and got a nose back in frount running off his exaust then it burnt out and he flew past me again right at the end .. i loved it to it was one of the best road courses i have been in.

Quick Reply: Drag strip