Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

terribly dissappointed, to say the least.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:09 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default terribly dissappointed, to say the least.

while mark martin has never been in a dodge, and i only pull for dodges, im very upset to see him not win today...i have met mark martin several times, and he was a real class act...

unlike that piece of trash talking crap harvick...all of these 'young guns' ...rockem' sockem' racers like phony stewart and johnson who go out there and hit anyone they have to in order to win...martin could have easily come up into harvick, but he did not...i would have really liked to see martin win.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:28 PM
onlyinadodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: terribly dissappointed, to say the least.

I think any other time they would have thrown the caution when the first car was spinning. But since this is the Daytona 500 it was more media freindly to finish the way they did. It is a sad testament to how low NASCAR has sunk in order to gain TV coverage.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:54 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it was good that harvick won. and not because I had a $250 bet on him

I have a lot of respect for martin, but other people shouldnt just pull off to the side and let him win. he should earn it. and harvick pulled out of know where and took the win by like .002sec

that ending was probly the best one ever. withthe big crash and 2 guysracing for the win. I was falling asleep till lap 150 when all the action started happening.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:58 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was VERY upset that he didn't win. i mean he had it for bloody sakes. They should of thrown the caution when the first car spun like they always do. and now i'm just waiting for them to to do the post inspection and find something wrong...

Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

while mark martin has never been in a dodge, and i only pull for dodges, im very upset to see him not win today...i have met mark martin several times, and he was a real class act...

unlike that piece of trash talking crap harvick...all of these 'young guns' ...rockem' sockem' racers like phony stewart and johnson who go out there and hit anyone they have to in order to win...martin could have easily come up into harvick, but he did not...i would have really liked to see martin win.
Same here, Patrick. I have to respect Mark Martinand although I know he won't ever be hurting financially, I would have liked to see him win this one race. I know Amanda doesn't like him, she had a certain nickname for him when he used to have a "sexual aid drug" as a sponsor.....

Dusty

Old 02-19-2007, 12:48 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

even she wanted to see him win today!!

it was a shame...it would have been nice to see one of the "good guys" win...it would have also been a big "FU!" to jack roush...

Old 02-19-2007, 02:57 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i liked the car that finished upside down and on fire. now thats a highlight.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
prplhaze
Professional

lol....yea slidding upside down over the finish line with the car on fire was a cool touch...

I was rooting for Martin to win also,(after Jr. got wrecked), even after the crash's it looked as if he was going to win.He admitted himself that he messed up.He got a little loose in the corner, and I think if he would have gotten on it a split second sooner, he coulda held him off.Either way it was a spectacular finish.Give Mark Martin a Chevy after all these years...Im excited to see how he does the rest of the season...

Old 02-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, one week, some of you guys are complaining about NASCAR throwing too many cautions and saying they throw them for no reason and when they let two guys finish a race to the line and then throw the caution, you complain because Martin didn't get his 500 win. Ii was very pleased to see it happen. It was a fair race to the end and the better driver won.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:46 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Midnight

Wow, one week, some of you guys are complaining about NASCAR throwing too many cautions and saying they throw them for no reason and when they let two guys finish a race to the line and then throw the caution, you complain because Martin didn't get his 500 win. Ii was very pleased to see it happen. It was a fair race to the end and the better driver won.
Well, the problem I have is that they should have thrown the caution anyhow....and I really think that the only reason Harvick passed Martin was because Martin was expecting a caution.

Here's my thing.... either throw the caution everytime....or dont throw it at all......because this "different scenario" crap is b.s.

Quick Reply: terribly dissappointed, to say the least.