Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

Rumble Bee vs Silverado SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 11:20 AM
Prestoar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rumble Bee vs Silverado SS

I ran a rumble bee the other night from a dig...I heard him spinwill I was leaving him off the line and I kept pulling him until I let off at 120. I have a few mods but just wondered if this kid couldn't drive or should a SS beat a Rumble Bee? His rumble bee was a 04 and he was a cool kid.

Any other Rumble Bee owners been against a SS?

Old 02-24-2007, 06:06 PM
motorider228
Champion
Default RE: Rumble Bee vs Silverado SS

wellI raced an SSS at the trackwith my regular cab hemi ram. He was stock and I had CAI anda weld in mufflerand I went 15.3 and he went 16.0. We are at 2200ft so our times seem alot slower han they are but he was an 04 with AWD as well and I spanked him. The rumble bees have the heavy *** chrome 20's so that was working against him and I don't have that issue. I think the races between the regular cab hemi rams and SS's stock for stock is a driver race. Except that AWD makes the older guys have an advantage. However, when you guys get into tunes and all that it's over, our superchips hand held is the best we can get an dit's nothing compared to a good tune. Those are nice trucks you guys have and it surprises me how well you all hang with RCSB's with your quad cabs. What do you run at the track? My best time is 15.0 and that translates to 14.6 at sea level.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Prestoar

my truck has never seen a track and the closest one is like 5+ hours away...your right about a solid tune though..it made a world of difference and that was with a mail order tune

Old 02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
motorider228
Champion

I have a friend who just got a tune, Volant CAI and ram air, corsa muffler and pace setter long tubes on his 06 SS and he's taking his truck to the strip in 2 weeks so I am excited to see what it runs.

Old 02-24-2007, 07:41 PM
scg87
Veteran

Wow, a cool Silv SS owner??? J/K, I used to have a Dakota RT and had a lot of run-ins w/ those things, lol. They're nice trucks, though.

Quick Reply: Rumble Bee vs Silverado SS