Racing Talk Talk about any racing here, whether it be street/strip, NASCAR, F1 etc.

goin to the strip saturday

Old 03-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default goin to the strip saturday

well i wont be racing but me and a friend are gonna go to evadale this weekend just to watch. itll be my first trip to the track, and from what i hear they have some pretty impressive cars down there. theres a yellow 9 second street legal cobra that im always hearing about from my friends, and an old nova running in the 11s. one of the coaches at my school has a low 12 second mustang he runs out there, but he hit a chunk of concrete in a construction zone and busted his oil pan and by the time he hada shoulder to pull over on, he had locked up his engine, so we are in the process of building him a 900 hp turboed engine to go back into it.

anyways, sorry for the rambling but the main reason i posted this was to ask if anyone else on here lives around evadale, texas and if they are planning on running at the track saturday?

Old 03-29-2007, 10:39 PM
doodad
Default RE: goin to the strip saturday

you should see some 7-8 sec. cars at track too.. it is very common. there are sh*t load of 10-9 sec. cars at track!

you will love it and warning, you will be addicted!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

have you been to the track im talkin about or are you just talking about all tracks in general?

Old 03-30-2007, 12:27 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

usually its all tracks...

Old 03-30-2007, 12:48 AM
doodad

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

have you been to the track im talkin about or are you just talking about all tracks in general?

I was just talking about general tracks.. but usually as badstart mentioned, all tracks have some very fast cars!

Old 03-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

well im not sure if im goin anymore cuz my bud i was gonna go with has to work saturday night but i might find someone else to go with me. if i have the extra money i might run my truck once or twice. for my first time ill be happy to get low-mid 16s in it. im not sure if theres gonna be many people out there tomorrow night though because the O'Reilly nationals are being held in Baytown this weekend which isnt much further than the track im goin to in Evadale, but my auto teacher said the annual catfish festival was this weekend at Evadale so there should still be a pretty good crowd. i hope i can go though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: goin to the strip saturday