Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

no start 90 ramcharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:32 PM
wrenchman711
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start 90 ramcharger

I am trying to help out a friend of mine by working his dodge . it is a liitle foriegn to me ...crank no start 318 tbi..replaced cap rotor and pickup inside dist. .. when cranking i seem to have spark and fuel ...but no fire...it will fire and chug a little,.. on a little starting fluid...timing is on .... when i got the thing i drained the crankcase because it had gas and ether in it could this of damaged something... or is there more to the ignition that i cant see..please help

Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: no start 90 ramcharger

if you can get it running on starting fluid you could have a problem getting fuel to the carb whether its a clogged fuel line or whatever so check to see if the fuel is coming up through the line

Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
wrenchman711

I have fuel ......over 15 psi @ the throtlle body. i checked with a pressure tester...have a feeling its something with ignition...i have replaced the cap, rotor, and the pick up in the distr....

Old 05-04-2007, 01:45 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

plugs and wires.....

Old 05-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Chump
Captain

If the plugs are wet or carboned up real bad they may be shorting out. Replace them all.
Is the spark a nice deep blue and about 1/2" long when you test it?
Timing chain and gears ever been replaced?
Check the caps on top of the 2 injectors. They will sometimes get corroded or loose.

Old 01-12-2008, 07:28 AM
moparjonzo

I just bought one and am using this for pointers... My truck is doing the same thing... Did you get it to start or not? mine sounds like it wants to start, but won't... would carb and choke cleaner work in the throttlebody? I usually work on carbs, not Injectors... I think the throttle plate is stuck...

Old 01-12-2008, 11:17 AM
jdl

Are there any trouble-codes? Have a helper crank the vehicle while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have good spark everywhere, go to the fuel system. With a TBI system, you might be able to see the injector/s spray gas, with the engine cranking. The spray pattern may be easier to see on some makes and models than others. Even if the spray pattern looks ok, you still have to check fuel pressure, on some makes I've seen, the spray pattern looked good to me, but the fuel pressure was half of what it should have been.

Yeah, if you have good spark at the plugs, carb cleaner in the TBI, should cause a rumble at least. You got to be careful, don't start no fire under the hood.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:16 AM
moparjonzo

actually i am in the middle of fixing those too. One is for my Torqueconverter clutch solinoid... I guess it's a problem the owners had twice before when the truck did the same thing... (thanks for telling me before I spent more than what I needed to...) I won't find out until i get the part in on friday, do you think that could cause it not to start? is is for the tranny lock-up.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:07 PM
moparjonzo

nevermind, it was the battery not cranking enough juice out... just what i thought from the start. thank you for the help!!

Quick Reply: no start 90 ramcharger