Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Tough Lug Nuts

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM
BeastlyDodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough Lug Nuts

I have a question for all that are willing to help

How can i get rusted on jug nuts off with out any air tools cause i don't have any and i don't have any friends that do either. I have used special sockets and sprays, putting bars on the socket wrench to get more leavage and all i did was break extentions PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:29 PM
brewtis95
Default RE: Tough Lug Nuts

i would drive it to a tire shop i did that once

Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 AM
BeastlyDodge

Your an ******* i didn't ask for sarcasm i asked for advice so unless you got advice shut the **** up

Old 09-26-2007, 07:29 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

actually, i think he was serious. i had to do it once also on a lug i couldn't get off. i just asked the guy at the shop if he would break it loose for me with his air gun. he said, it might come off or it might break the stud - i said either way do it. he did, it came off. he did it for no charge, and i tipped him a dollar for coffee.

another idea - use a plumbers torch to put some heat into the lug nut and it will expand a tad.

another - use as beefy a socket as you can find, as few extensions, and a pipe, and an assistant. position the pipe/socket so that its on the lug, with the end of the pipe on the ground. drive the truck forward (drivers side) or backward (passenger) a few inches and see if it will break loose. might also break the stud. might also break a cheap socket or extension - protect yourself.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:51 PM
blindside

i would still just go down to the tire shop like he said. its easier on you and well ****, its just cheap. i take my 84 down to big o tires for **** that i dont have time for. we should have almost the same truck. only mines already a 4x4 and i have all the mods you want already.except two kicker L7 12's in a bandpass with power cap and all. such a temper.[:@]

Old 09-27-2007, 01:32 PM
BeastlyDodge

Thank you and i have tried the sockets with the razors inside that really grip the bolt and a pole for leavrage but all i did was break off the extenstion and all the places in my town want to charge me like 50 bucks to take those three bolts off other wise i would have use air tools already

Some one told me that the owner before me could have put lock tight on the bolts are people really dumb enough to do that?

Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ya some people are that dumb. I would suggest if you want to do it your self go to a tool shop and buy a impact socket that will fit it and get the heavyst braker bar that they have. Or go to sears or better buy snap on so if you brake it they will replace it free no questions. Ya it cost money but when you dont want to take it to a shop everytime the money is worth it for good tools.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:03 AM
BeastlyDodge

Thank you guys for your help. I'm really thankful and please keep them coming

Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Chump
Captain

You can rent an electric impact wrench. You may need new studs also if they are damaged.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Rangerider

this might sound stupid but are you sure some one has not replaced the studs with left hand thread one just a thought?

Quick Reply: Tough Lug Nuts