Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1988 250 4x4 ram need help with steering

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 06:53 PM
rayraydoet
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 250 4x4 ram need help with steering

ok. my wifes father's truck is geting a tune up by me and fixing the slop in the steering, and the brakes aint working good. i no the steering box pitman roller bearing is bad so im going to change the steering box the drag link and rag joint. you think that will fix all of the slop in the steering? and any sugjestions all opiouns needed. also the brakes are very weak, any ideas to liven them up? there good rotors and pads on the front the pads on the back aint bad. maybe master or sumthnig going? any one that has had any of these problems let me no i want the truck perfect when it goes back

Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Chump
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1988 250 4x4 ram need help with steering

Replace the Master Cylinder, dont forget to bench bleed it. Replace all the rubber brake hoses, when they get older they will flex under pressure. If this is 4wd there should be 4 total. Completely flush the brake lines with fresh fluid, old fluid retains water. For the steering check this out.
Try www.rockauto.com for cheaper parts and an addtional 5% off.
http://ramchargercentral.com/boards/...owtoshow;id=16

Thank you for being a www.RockAuto.com customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.

Your discount code is:

Here's how to use it:

* Enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.
* If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Set" button to the right of the field.
* Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.

**NOTE: We sometimes get calls from people who put the word "discount" in front of their code and do not get the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers.**

The discount takes 5% off our already-low prices, and there's no limit on order size or the number of orders. Use the code for your next order, and share the code with friends, neighbors, relatives, the guy at the corner garage--anyone you know who works on cars or trucks.

This discount code expires on March 11, 2008; so don't wait!

Quick Reply: 1988 250 4x4 ram need help with steering