Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

TBI Swap help

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 05:59 PM
BigBad84RC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TBI Swap help

I didn't know where else to post this so I guess I'll post it here. I'm in the middle of putting an 89' TBI 318 in a carburated Ramcharger. I dont know where to start on the wiring though. I have the whole harness from the dash up from the TBI vehicle, but I need to to know what needs to be hooked up and to what. Does anyone have any good wiring diagrams for an 89' for the fuel and ignition system. Any help is appreciated.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
lugnuts
All Star

I've done this swap. Where did you move it to?

Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 PM
BigBad84RC

Ok, so I got the motor in and the wiring mocked up, and the motor run's now. It doesn't run all that great sometime's though. Sometimes it'll start idling rough, kind of an up-down idle(kind of like you give it some gas, let off, give it some gas, let off...). Any ideas? And now I need to get rid of the extra wires, but I'm not entirely certain on everything. My service manual shows the brake light switch and neutral safety switch to be part of the fuel system, so I'm guessing they need to be wired up to the TBI harness because when you put the tranny in gear or hit the brakes and stop the switches tell the computer to adjust the idle up so the engine doesn't stall, correct? I'm gonna work on it all this weekend and hopefully have the wiring all cleaned up and the thing running smoothly.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:17 PM
lugnuts
All Star

Mine has the erratic idle also. Assumed it was because I have the 318 TBI on a 360. Unplugged the ISC motor and set the idle to suit myself. Have had no problems with dying when cold,A/C etc.

Quick Reply: TBI Swap help