Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

while I have it taken apart.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:15 PM
crazypete
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default while I have it taken apart.....

I blew an intake gasket on my '86 RC (AC, 727 AT, no overdrive , 360 4bbl Rochester Quaddrajet, 2wd 110Kmi) I figured while I had the intake off, I'd take off the heads and check them out. I'ts been sealed since the factory.

Aside from replace the exhaust that has all been welded into on big piece of metal that's in my way, what can i do to help this engine out while I have it apart?

I do plan on replacing the exhaust headers with some that are slightly larger (any one know what year to pull from?) and also doing a poor mans dual exhaust from two trucks in a junkyard.

I'm not going over board and making a monster here, but just a little morethan stock. I don't have the tools, time and space to drop a tranny (really don't need to the 727 is great), and I am not going to take out the engine to get to the lower side, for the same reason. Please let me know what might help.

Quick Reply: while I have it taken apart.....