Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

interchangeable parts question

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 12:48 AM
TwistedDixie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interchangeable parts question

I have a 1992 dodge ramcharger we are lifting it approx 6-8 inches... i am wondering if there are any stock 4x4 d-shafts front and rear from any other dodge that would fit... or are we going to have to fab one?

Old 06-25-2011, 10:44 PM
1&2genrams
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure exactly, but my 5" kit, the drive shaft still fit no problem,and when I went to an 8" I also put in dana 60s which were longer in the pinion, meaning the truck was higher but the u-joint location was farther out from the axle centerline so the stock driveshaft splines were almost back to where they were stock! if you do end up finding one you will have to grind the stops on the cv joint, to see what I mean take the front driveshaft off and "max out" the cv until it contacts the flat spots on it, where it wouldnt allow the drive shaft to droop anymore if it were still in your truck, you have to grind all the stops all the way around so it will even hang down far enough after you put you lift in

Quick Reply: interchangeable parts question