Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Steering shaft length?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 PM
1meanMACH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering shaft length?

Hey- I'm a new user, drive an '84 Ramcharger Royal SE.
Lookin to do up a 3" body lift. I found a few kits, and they all require that I use a longer steering shaft. What length am I gonna need and where can I get one? Thanks....

Old 08-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Ramtuff
Veteran
Default RE: Steering shaft length?

Borgeson and Flaming River both make shafts. There's no need to figure out the length you need, as they're ajustable. I had a Borgeson on my 90 RC and it was worth every penny (replaces the crappy slip joint coupler that the stock shaft has with a nice u-joint).
Borgeson
Flaming River

Old 11-07-2005, 12:43 AM
stormer426
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straight from the junkyard parts for this, I used u-joint shaft parts from a Eldorado and welded what was needed together for my frankenplymouth, steering shaft joints also from jeeps. Ma MoPars idea of the plunge joint vs. rag joint still a good thing as body movement issues are not. If yer paranoid about yer welds while ya got it apart you can use a sleeve over yer welds an weld it to both shafts also. Over all length depends on what yer package needs just make it fit!

Old 05-17-2007, 09:21 PM
mopar guy

I bought a borgson for my 73 power wagon and its well worth the money and fully adjustable in length

Quick Reply: Steering shaft length?