Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

New guy question

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Big J's 78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy question

Hey guys ,I hope you can help me.
I just got a 78 w150,in great shape.Has zero rust .Love it already,but it has one issue.
The brakes are so touchy I can barely drive it.Just the slightest pressure on the pedal and you just about go through the window!
Pedal feels good not too soft or hard,doesn't pull.
Also when you apply the brakes it feels like they don't release immediately,takes a few seconds.I assume its the front because of how hard it stops,but I guess it could be all?
Anyway love the site,and I really hope I can get this squared away,cause i cant wait to mash this beast!

Attached Thumbnails New guy question-power-wagon-002.jpg   New guy question-power-wagon-003.jpg  

Last edited by Big J's 78; 07-04-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:41 PM
TheBeastLives

I wouldn be complainin lol
Good brakes are nice my 87 rc is the same way, 88 i had did that also.

Old 08-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Big J's 78

Originally Posted by TheBeastLives
I wouldn be complainin lol
Good brakes are nice my 87 rc is the same way, 88 i had did that also.
LOL
Don't get me wrong Its much better than brakes that don't stop enough,but I can feel the rear end hop when I stop at high speeds.
I am almost positive it is the proportioning valve. I have changed every other brake part . Gonna order the part this week ,so hopefully that will take care of it.

Quick Reply: New guy question