Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1987 Ramcharger off road carb?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 12:40 PM
txguitarslinger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Ramcharger off road carb?

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a 1987 RC 4x4 with the 360, only to discover that the carb on it is a 2bbl with an electric choke that's been disconnected. As this is a toy truck, I want to get an off roading carb that'll give this bad boy as much power as possible. Problem is, I don't know much about carbs and am in desperate need of some advice. Which one should I go with?

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Old 08-11-2013, 07:15 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you use an AFB or AVS for off road. block the vent, with JB-weld, that goes from one float chamber to the other in the main casting. same for a WCFB. and dont put the float level to high, i recommend NO higher than 7/32 the factory ,Carter, had a wide range of levels. for all out drag racing 5/16 worked best, which would be way to high for off road. edit: above ALL do NOT use hose for the fuel line. Do use steel brake line tubing. and double check it before each run. with EXTRA brackets holders on the brake line. of course you will have a BIG fire extinguisher on board wont you?

Last edited by moe7404; 08-11-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 1987 Ramcharger off road carb?