Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

wiring harness--hard to find parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:51 AM
somenothingness
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring harness--hard to find parts

Hey folks. I got a 1985 RamCharger 318, 3-speed AT, 2 barrell, no emissions, no ecm, no smog pump, no sensors. What I'm looking for is a good dash and hood wiring harness. The junkyards around south Alabama are slim to none and if any are around they are as bad as mine. Got one brake light not working and a slow drain on the battery somewhere. My harness has a few cracks and burnt fusible links that have been bypassed. Need some AC/Heat vacuum hoses too under the dash, got air coming out everywhere. Any ideas where to find this stuff?

Old 10-30-2005, 03:52 AM
somenothingness
Professional
Default RE: wiring harness--hard to find parts

a direct route to reach me is somenothingness@yahoo.com I appreciate any help received.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Gohot
Default Wiring problems.......

Being here and on a couple other Ramcharger sites, there's not really anything you can just plop down $'s and walk out with a replacement harness. Painless makes some that art 95% finished with all-inclusive terminals for either 'loaded' or 'bare-bones' Ramchargers, ie. all the power componamnts verses no AC, PW, PS, cruise and power etc. But you will still have to route for a couple things yourself additionally...mabe. I'v read they have just about ALL the accs. Although the contact ph# to Painless will get you a very abrupt, curt, and generraly rude service tech. who will tell you there is nothing SPECIFIC for the Ramcharger, rather a 'universal' kit. The others on ebay, I believe 'EZWiring' is just as good, (I'v only read GOOD about EZ) mabe better and considerably less costly at only 2-3 hundred dolars, verses Painless at upwards of 4-5 hundred dollars. AS WITH ALL WIRING...... we tend to avoid electrical shops who know their stuff, and choose to do it ourselves untill we find it overwealming and have to have a pro fix it with now double the mess. But.....No.... There are no readily available replacement harness's out there comercially.
I don't know about 'Factory" availabillity...? but am led to believe that the stock has been exhausted.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:00 AM
bbtruck

Quick Reply: wiring harness--hard to find parts