Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

79 W150 Warlock Fuel Sending Unit

Old 10-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Markzilla88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 79 W150 Warlock Fuel Sending Unit

Hey hows everybody doing? Im currently trying to rehab my old 79 Dodge Warlock so I can have a truck to get me to work at the firehouse in the snow this winter. I dropped the fuel tank along the drivers side of the frame to clean it out and inspect it. My fuel sending unit was rusted through, so I went ahead and cut it out thinking finding a replacement would be a piece of cake... Boy was I wrong... this leads me to my question, does anyone know where I can get a replacement fuel tank sending unit? Ive called all the chain auto part stores with no luck, and the only thing I can find on summit and similar sites is a replacement sending unit gauge with no fuel pickup tube. I'm not so much worried about knowing how much fuel is in the tank as Ill constantly keep tabs on filling it up, but I do however need the fuel pick up tube. I'd prefer to not go on ebay and get one for $300 as the truck is just a get me to work and back occasionally rig. Thanks in advanced for any help!

Mark

Old 10-10-2016, 10:04 AM
Markzilla88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update: I found the sending unit through LMC for $100, however they don't sell the lock ring with it.
Does anyone know where to get one, or is this something I could fabricate out of some 16 guage steel or something? I dont have my original as a template as I cut it up to get the unit out. If I were to fabricate it, was it just a metal circle that was placed over the sending unit to secure it? Im imagining the order went like this...

Lock Ring ----
Sending Unit -------- These three were all secured by the 5 or 6 bolts to tank
Gasket ----
Fuel Tank

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 79 W150 Warlock Fuel Sending Unit