Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

New member, 74 440 cranks with spark, has gas, no run?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 11:08 PM
Blodiga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay i bypassed br, fired up.

Ohm test on br, off on both sides, got another new ballast resistor, going to double check the wiring and see if she starts, also found a short in dist wire i fixed.

Since my ammeter was still in circuit, i bypassed it with the walkthrough (makes more sence than going back to stock from tweeker nest). Figure that is adding extra amperage since its supposed to be purely beneficial removing it.

Every thing looks right as of now, so the problem should be fixed, too late to turn her on to see.

Lastly according to my research, if she fails to run at this point, its probably my ignition switch not relaying proper power at the right times or am i incorrect?

Attached Thumbnails New member, 74 440 cranks with spark, has gas, no run?-amp-ga27.jpg  
Old 10-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

The amp gauge wire connections on the bulkhead disconnect and almost always melted. Connect it in the engine compartment not past the bulkhead! You should have two hot wires coming from the ignition switch, On hot on crank and one for run as pictured in the diagram i posted before.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:45 PM
Blodiga
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fixed my ammeter was cooking my system, rewired the bad wires, replaced cooked ignition switch. What threw me for a loop was my carb gave up the ghost in the middle of electronic testing. Runs, burns out nice, just need a better carb poor afb cant do the job. Btw bypassed ammeter.

Last edited by Blodiga; 10-26-2016 at 07:47 PM.

Quick Reply: New member, 74 440 cranks with spark, has gas, no run?