Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

79 TD value

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 02:58 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 79 TD value

Looking for my next project and there's a 79 Plymouth TD near me. Passenger side rocker panel between door and wheel well completely gone from rust. Both floor pans completely rusted out. Engine heads removed and 318 a pile of rust. Most of engine bay stuff gone, but there's a pile of parts in the bed. Leaks on transfer case/transmission and rear differential. It "ran" before engine blew head is all I know about history. 4x4 with lo trac.

I would do a 360 or 440 swap anyway, so engine isn't a concern. But rust and missing parts is. I don't imagine many of these turn up in the JYs...I see that most of the floor pans and body panels are available online but what about missing interior trim pieces and all the odds and ends that have been misplaced? It was a factory AC truck but that's missing too. Hard Top has alot of surface rust but seems in tact. Window seals shot. Weather stripping rotted.

Is it worth it at all to restore?

Old 06-04-2017, 04:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Depends on how much you get it for. Don't think I would pay over 700 bucks for it, and even that is a little on the high side.....