Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

New member. Need help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 11:01 PM
AllieJoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink New member. Need help.

I am a new member and in some need of some advice. I just acquired an 89 Dodge Ramcharger. I am finding it very difficult to find a Fuel Pump Assembly. I have tried a few sites and my local auto parts store with no luck. I am very much looking forward to seeing the finished product when I am done with it. I previously had an 87 Dodge Ram and I loved it. Unfortunately I had to sell it. But this one isn't going anywhere. If anyone has any advice or suggestions on finding what I am needing it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-28-2017, 10:24 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Originally Posted by AllieJoy
I am a new member and in some need of some advice. I just acquired an 89 Dodge Ramcharger. I am finding it very difficult to find a Fuel Pump Assembly. I have tried a few sites and my local auto parts store with no luck. I am very much looking forward to seeing the finished product when I am done with it. I previously had an 87 Dodge Ram and I loved it. Unfortunately I had to sell it. But this one isn't going anywhere. If anyone has any advice or suggestions on finding what I am needing it would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to DF!

Your local parts store *should* be able to come up with a pump for you, or, you could try places like RockAuto.com...... If you give us a bit more info on your truck, (engine, trans, etc) we cold be a bit more helpful.

Moving this to the Ramcharger section for you.

Old 10-28-2017, 03:09 PM
AllieJoy
Default 89 Dodge Ramcharger

It's an 89 Dodge Ramcharger it has a 360 motor and it's a 4 speed manual transmission. It's not the fuel pump itself that I am looking for its the fuel pump assembly. I have tried RockAuto I've tried JC Whitney LMC Trucks. None of those sites actually have the assembly that I need.

Old 10-29-2017, 07:19 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

The pump and assembly are one. It became obsolete some years back that's why you can't find it. Search the first gen ram section for "fuel pump", There you will find what others have used. I think you can use a newer assembly just need to change the wiring.

Old 10-29-2017, 02:32 PM
AllieJoy

From what i have spent the last week researching it is two separate parts. The assembly is the whole piece that drops into the gas tank and that is what I need. I can find the fuel pump its self just not the assembly part. I was wondering if I would be able to use the one for a 1990 i figured i could make it work. wasn't sure if they were universal or not. Also what "First Gen Ram" section new on here and still trying to figure it out.

Old 10-29-2017, 08:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

Found this nugget at another site:
sending unit from a Dakota, van, full size truck or Ramcharger from 88 to 91 will work.