Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Ramcharger Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 01:31 AM
jaxjeff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramcharger Lift

Has anyone lifted a 2wd ramcharger? the rear is easy but the front is being problematic. My ramcharger is toooo clean to get a 4x4 and swapping for a 4x4 i think will be too costly. Any suggestions please? Thanks all!

Old 11-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Gohot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sadly.............

No one makes dropped or raised spindles for any of the 70-80's trucks or vans. The one item I saw that would raise the Ramcharger speciffically and or the pickup models is a spacer that fits in the spring pocket on the bottom a arm This spacer only lifts at most two inches. The other alternative would be a Bell Straight "Gasser" axle used on 55 Chevys, but here again it will 'cost' probably more than you want, or be about as much effort as putting a 4x4 axle under it form a donor unit. Monroe used to ? make shocks with external springs that would probablt give a couple inches lift. We're sort of out of luck with Mopars in that respect, and boy, someone could make a boatload of $$$ with dropped or raised spindles for Mopars. I believe the Durango has applications...But, it's only here-say. Another thing I remember seeing was the use of Chev springs, I believe they were Impala springs, but again, for lowering only I think.

The article about the Chev springs was on '*********' forum.

Last edited by Gohot; 11-08-2010 at 09:13 AM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: Ramcharger Lift