Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

84 ramcharger wont stay running HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Bawss Hawg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 84 ramcharger wont stay running HELP PLEASE

I have a 1984 dodge ramcharger I came home from the gym one day and itwas fine I shut it off and went inside I went to go to work little later and it wouldnt start , there is no power to the vehicle when the key is in the on position it wil start and fire when if you hold the key in the start position as soon as you let go it dies and no power.... can someone please help me I have to drive to work on momday and I have had it up to my ears with this thing, some said it could be the little ceramic thing on the fire wall?????

Old 05-21-2006, 11:28 PM
28this
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 84 ramcharger wont stay running HELP PLEASE

Starter relay on the left fender is bad, by the sounds of it. That or the ceramic resistor on the fire wall.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Bawss Hawg

Ok so I got the thing running a fuseable link for the ignition burnout so I was driving it foran hour or so And all of a sudden something popped and it died on the side of the road.. the fuek pump fuse was blown so I replace it and that wasnt it what in world else could it be

Thanks in advance....

Old 05-22-2006, 02:43 AM
Bawss Hawg

Ok so I got the thing running a fuseable link for the ignition burnout so I was driving it foran hour or so And all of a sudden something popped and it died on the side of the road.. the fuek pump fuse was blown so I replace it and that wasnt it what in world else could it be

Thanks in advance....

Old 05-23-2006, 08:09 PM
28this
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have fuel to carb? Do you have spark. Could be anything, but need to start with the basics so we know where to look.

Old 05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
Bawss Hawg

well thanks for all the help But the police Impounded it for being on the side of the road so I am going to have to surrender it to the tow company or pay 1500 dollars but I am getting my rims and tires and new fuel pump out of it... Anyone need some 35in thornbirds?

Quick Reply: 84 ramcharger wont stay running HELP PLEASE