Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

2006 Power Wagon Question axel lock problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:35 PM
tmahan319
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Power wagon

Ok guys I am a newbie here so I have an 04 1500 quad cab 4x4. Found an 06 power wagon about 200 miles away that seems to be a good deal. I love the 04 just cant pull what I need to anymore. I am driving up to Dallas to look at it on friday and lord willing maybe drive it back home. I was looking for some advice on problems to look for on the power wagon packages. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Tabor

Old 10-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran

Welcome aboard. I have a 2005 Power Wagon and I, along with a handful of other Power Wagon owners, have had problems with the electric lockers. Had the rear locker repaired under warranty a couple of weeks ago as a matter of fact. Some have had winch issues. Stroll on over to the Dodge Talk forum, where you will find tons of Power Wagon owners/information. Hope to see you "on the other side". Good luck!

P.S.- I love my Power Wagon!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran
Exclamation

Originally Posted by JRH_PowerWagon_06
According to the Dodge '06 Wiring Diagrams, the front and rear electronic lockers are routed through the smart bar control module located on the bar itself, so I could see howchanging it could solve some locker problems some people are having. This is also the main reason finding a way to make the lockers work in 4HI on a Power Wagon will be next to impossible (compared to the Jeep Rubicon Tru-lock's thatpeople have found away around).
Go check out the Dodge Talk Forum like a stated above. You will find that a locker bypass, created by Dodge Talk Forum members, was introduced a couple of years ago. I have one myself. It does not require any cutting/splicing of wires. It is plug & play. It allows you to use the rear and front lockers in 4HI and the rear locker in 2WD!

P.S.- Also, go check out the Power Wagon Registry website! Again, created by a Dodge Talk Forum member.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
ZOMBIERAM
Default locker problems

hows it going new to the forum. i got a 06 power wagon and gives me trouble to i found if you take off and turn the locker switch wile moving vs still it locks up almost every time.if it still don't kick in turn a corner wile moving then turn the switch this almost always works. the problem with this is ofcorse u never have room to move around when u need them to lock up lol.

Old 07-19-2011, 09:39 PM
wyo powerwagon

My 07 did the same thing, was the control module. The dash 4hi and 4low light flickered, 2hi said 4hi and then finally stopped working. Luckly the truck was certified pre owned and was covered ($1200 for control module and $200+ for labor).

Quick Reply: 2006 Power Wagon Question axel lock problems