Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

Steering arm removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
litemup426
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering arm removal

has anyone actually been able to remove the steering arm on an 80's power ram. i bought a steering arm block for mine cuz it was about half the price of a drop down pitman arm. i can get the nuts off the studs but the steering arm will absolutely not budge. ive tried heat, and even tried welding a big *** nut to one of the studs in an attempt to use my 1' impact gun to remove the studs. neither one worked. any suggestions??

Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 PM
stormer426
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Steering arm removal

You have to get the at least one or two of the conical washers out of the steering arm bores to get it moving, best method I've used for extra crusty/rusty ones has been a chisel to get them moving then beat the **** out of the arm to rattle them loose (stiking the top of the arm).

Old 12-15-2006, 02:55 AM
kcatto
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Steering arm removal

I just did this today.....

put in a 4 inch steering block.....

I used this penetrant called PB Blaster.... soaked then tapped on the top of the steering arm.... and used pliers to pull the conical lock washers out..... easy as can be!

hope this helps you out,
kev

Quick Reply: Steering arm removal