Ramcharger, Trailduster & Power Wagon Grrrr!! Tough Trucks! The Dodge Ramcharger and Plymouth Trailduster were full size SUV's that had good looks and brute strength. The Dodge Power Wagon was comparable to them in toughness, but came in pickup truck form only.

1974 Dodge Ramcharger...topless

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 08:46 AM
The War Wagon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

I predict some welding in your future.

Fix the holes first, and then if you still like the skeleton frame & soft top, go for it. That way you've got either/or capability, and if you ever get rid of it, you're no limited by soft top ONLY.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:08 AM
Stagepirat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello.
I know this is an old post, but I really hope that someone here in the forum can help me anyway.
I live in Germany and want to buy a Dodge Ramcharger. Itīs not the first old Mopar Iīm buying (I have already an 1973 Charger 440 and an 1969 Fury III).
But itīs gonna be the my first Ramcharger ever... So I have a question, because you canīt see these cars often here around and so itīs nearly impossible for me to find out the solution alone.
I really like the look of the 1974 models with the upper window frames connected to the hardtop. Now I couldīt find any 1974 models until now.
So Iīm wondering if on later models itīs possible to cut the window frames and weld them to the hardtop to get the same look/feeling.
Has anyone tried this before? Will the a softtop still fit?
Or are maybe the doors interchangeable between 1974 and other years. Are the hardtops / softops all the same or are there differences between the years?
Sorry for asking these silly questions, I think it would be much easier if could just see the different models in real in front of me.....

Thank you all in advance and greetings from munich...

Axl

Old 12-07-2018, 11:29 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Doors won't interchange. You would need the correct combination of doors/top to get what you want.

I haven't seen any ramchargers that old around here in decades. (salt on the roads in winter.... they don't last 40 years. )

I think some of the tops were fiberglass as well, so, not going to be welding anything to that..... (might be wrong)

Lotsa pics available on the net though. Google image search should turn up enough to show you what's different.

Welcome to DF!

Quick Reply: 1974 Dodge Ramcharger...topless