3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Smoked black LED taillights and 3rd brake light

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2016, 10:50 PM
Black02CrCb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoked black LED taillights and 3rd brake light

Picked these up and will be installing them this weekend.

LED Smoked black Taillights:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191295805826?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Smoked black LED 3rd Light:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390871313872?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Pictures to come. I will now also have to change out the master light switch, it just failed on me also. Aboat $65.00 from a parts store with limited lifetime warranty.. starting the trend all over again.. My S10 is almost a full lifetime warranty vehicle.. which in the grand scheme of things may be nice.. lol

Pics to come.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me know what you think of these. I want to change to the smoke led's for the truck in my sig

Old 02-29-2016, 12:20 AM
Black02CrCb
Professional

Originally Posted by Gone Fishin
Let me know what you think of these. I want to change to the smoke led's for the truck in my sig
Will do. They are really nicely built. I was going to swap them out and saw they were torx head bolts holding the factory pieces on (tail lights) and was busy with other things so I decided to put it off on the install. I got the Zevo Sylvania 6k LED lights for the backup lights for it (the tails) and have them installed. I just have to pop em on. The 3rd brake light is pretty huge. You see em on the back of trucks and think nothing of them, kinda like you see a stoplight and when that sucker is down on the ground it is nearly 6' tall! LOL

Anyway..

Old 04-18-2016, 08:27 PM
Black02CrCb
Professional

So I finally got around to adding these lights to the truck. I have a few things that I do not like,
1.) First being the lens its self is too big for the spot for the light, once I screwed down the light the lens scratched the paint around the light area.. I will have to get pictures of what I am talking about.
2.) This set had issues with the actual plug. The plugs themselves had loose wiring, the blades on the inside of the plug moved, this allowed a "lamp out" light and overly annoying beeper to keep chiming over and over again and over and over again freaking out the computer even.

3.) The mounting brackets would not allow me to mount the light flush, combined with the oversized lenses didn't allow me to get it attached right, screws were wonky. One of the mounting brackets actually snapped off.. Lets just say I have not been happy with the lights.

I contacted the seller about it, they said they would send me a set of "better quality".. WTF? So either the seller has a bunch of bad inventory they are trying to pawn off on people or?? I am not sure, but the second set arrived today and just looking over look better, the plugs' wires are secured and waterproof where as the first set were not and the wires moved and all.. I plan on getting these installed and I will take pics of the first set vs. the second set.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:36 AM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting about the fitment for the lights, greatly appreciated

Old 01-23-2017, 03:32 AM
Black02CrCb
Professional

BTW the new lights are way better, fit better and are of a better quality. The originals I bought before they sent out their "better quality" were garbage.. there is a difference in the exact same type of light.. sucks they try to get one over on people like they do.

Old 01-29-2017, 02:44 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Should make you think twice about purchasing anything from them again -- don't know if you are going to get the junk or the "higher quality" replacements...

Old 02-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Black02CrCb
Professional

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
Should make you think twice about purchasing anything from them again -- don't know if you are going to get the junk or the "higher quality" replacements...
Well.. not going with the cheapest you found helps lol and they did make right, but the lower end, which was what? $20.00 less? Was absolute junk. The new ones are better So yeah just go with the ones that are a lil more expensive and you should be fine if you wanted a set.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 378 Likes on 339 Posts

All this stuff is made in China and of dubious quality, no matter the price.

I got a similar set for my Dakota and the OEM bulbs housing barely hold when twisted into place. The first set had a bunch of LEDs that didn't light up. The second set... the indicators would hyper-flash (actually the first set too). I e-mailed the seller about it and at first they ignored me, till I finally post a bad review. Suddenly I got contacted. They first said there was problem with my install but eventually they sent out new flasher modules and once plugged in, they were an instant fix. I was like...why the hell didn't they send these in the first place??? They're good now, but it took a lot to get there.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

It might help next time to try and cross the item number on Amazon or somewhere where they have reviews. I bought one of those Bully hitch steps with the LED last year and it came welded crooked, pissed me off to no end. Went on Amazon and another site and read review after review of crooked welds. Facepalm on me

Quick Reply: Smoked black LED taillights and 3rd brake light