Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 grand caravan exhaust rattle

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 04:42 PM
Beau1234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 grand caravan exhaust rattle

Hello!
I am having an issue with the exhaust line underneath the passenger side sliding door rattling against the frame. I have been underneath the van while it is running and verified it is the line itself hitting the frame and not a heat shield (which I see a lot of feedback on the forums already).

The insulator seems to be in good shape but it is not a holding the exhaust line away from the frame; it’s almost as if somehow the exhaust line has been bent towards the frame.

I’m looking for any feedback or suggestions before taking it in to a muffler shop. I’m sure there has to be an easier way to deal with this issue. Thanks very Much in advance!!!

Old 06-16-2019, 09:03 PM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

This will be easier if you have access to an oxy-acetylene torch, but you need to remove the insulator and bend the hanger on the frame down, then bend the hanger on the pipe up. How much they need to bend depends on how much clearance you need to keep it from rattling.

You may need to bend the hangers before and after the one closest to the rattle as well. It’ll be trial and error.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:08 AM
Beau1234
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@GumbyRT With bending the frame hangers down and pipe hanger up is the intent to drop the exhaust pipe below the frame so it doesn’t rattle?

Originally Posted by GumbyRT
This will be easier if you have access to an oxy-acetylene torch, but you need to remove the insulator and bend the hanger on the frame down, then bend the hanger on the pipe up. How much they need to bend depends on how much clearance you need to keep it from rattling.

You may need to bend the hangers before and after the one closest to the rattle as well. It’ll be trial and error.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 grand caravan exhaust rattle