1st Gen Dakota general discussion This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen Dakota. Non tech related Dakota threads belong here.

Need Chrysler paint code for lower body color charcoal grey metallic

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2022, 05:27 PM
glenlloyd
Veteran
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Need Chrysler paint code for lower body color charcoal grey metallic

Hey all
Looking for the paint code for the lower body accent color charcoal grey. This was used for sure in 1995 with PR4 Flame (poppy) red upper body.

This should show up on the underhood decal where it says "secondary" color.

Thanks

Steve

Old 10-04-2022, 04:27 PM
bronze
Record Breaker
Received 437 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by glenlloyd
Hey all
Looking for the paint code for the lower body accent color charcoal grey. This was used for sure in 1995 with PR4 Flame (poppy) red upper body.

This should show up on the underhood decal where it says "secondary" color.

Thanks

Steve
So i assume your decal is missing?

I don't know how much this will help you but if you punch in your model you can get many of the standard colors with swatches. Maybe your charcoal grey is unique and it will be more obvious which one is yours. Worth a shot. I semi did this when I tried to find the code for mine.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Last edited by bronze; 10-04-2022 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:22 PM
glenlloyd
Veteran

Originally Posted by bronze
So i assume your decal is missing?

I don't know how much this will help you but if you punch in your model you can get many of the standard colors with swatches. Maybe your charcoal grey is unique and it will be more obvious which one is yours. Worth a shot. I semi did this when I tried to find the code for mine.

https://www.automotivetouchup.com/
No, my decal is still there, but my truck never had the secondary lower color and I've thought about adding it. There were a lot of the pseudo-two tone trucks built with the lower body painted a different color. Most of the 94-96 trucks that were flame red and a different lower body color got the charcoal color.

I've looked at the paint swatches online and I can't really tell if it's there, the color I see online seems a little lighter than I would expect. Also, the online paint color providers are notoriously inaccurate about what was offered and when, and what it was called.

That's why I've asked for someone who has the decal and has the red over charcoal color to post up what their secondary paint code is.

Thanks

Steve

Old 10-06-2022, 06:43 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 365 Likes on 343 Posts

Look up a paint chip for the years you are looking for. That ill give you the name/code, You also can try here.

Old 10-06-2022, 09:26 PM
bronze
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by glenlloyd;[url=tel:3552672
3552672[/url]]No, my decal is still there, but my truck never had the secondary lower color and I've thought about adding it. There were a lot of the pseudo-two tone trucks built with the lower body painted a different color. Most of the 94-96 trucks that were flame red and a different lower body color got the charcoal color.

I've looked at the paint swatches online and I can't really tell if it's there, the color I see online seems a little lighter than I would expect. Also, the online paint color providers are notoriously inaccurate about what was offered and when, and what it was called.

That's why I've asked for someone who has the decal and has the red over charcoal color to post up what their secondary paint code is.

Thanks

Steve
My ‘93 is a two color truck (stock) but the secondary color is in the middle. The primary color is above and below.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:58 AM
glenlloyd
Veteran

Originally Posted by bronze
My ‘93 is a two color truck (stock) but the secondary color is in the middle. The primary color is above and below.
Yeah that's why I said specifically that I wanted the code for the secondary color applied to the lower body...since there were two styles of two tone paint treatment. Just so we're clear, this is the two tone paint treatment scheme and the lower color here is the one I'm interested in. I don't have the code for this color and looking at online paint chips I can't identify it, and I don't believe it was used as a primary color. That's why I'm asking for someone on the forum who has this lower body color to please supply the code for it.

Need Chrysler paint code for lower body color charcoal grey metallic-tdcuxbu.jpg

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited by glenlloyd; 10-09-2022 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:22 AM
bronze
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by glenlloyd;[url=tel:3552818
3552818[/url]]Yeah that's why I said specifically that I wanted the code for the secondary color applied to the lower body...since there were two styles of two tone paint treatment. Just so we're clear, this is the two tone paint treatment scheme and the lower color here is the one I'm interested in. I don't have the code for this color and looking at online paint chips I can't identify it, and I don't believe it was used as a primary color. That's why I'm asking for someone on the forum who has this lower body color to please supply the code for it.

Thanks!

Steve
Never saw a Dakota paint scheme like that. Hope you can get that paint code.

Old 10-09-2022, 09:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Some body shops have a cool little gun that they put on your truck, and it tells them what color it is. From there, getting a paint code is easy.

Old 10-09-2022, 10:21 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 365 Likes on 343 Posts

If you looked at the link i provided (#4 post) it will give you every paint chip used along with the code by manufacture. You would have to look up a sales brochure to find out exactly what color it is but looking at what colors where available for that year it should be fairly easy. This is what is listed for a 95 Dakota and the only grayish paint is the KS7. Here are all the codes for 1995. You can search other years also.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:09 PM
bronze
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Moparite;[url=tel:3552839
3552839[/url]]If you looked at the link i provided (#4 post) it will give you every paint chip used along with the code by manufacture. You would have to look up a sales brochure to find out exactly what color it is but looking at what colors where available for that year it should be fairly easy. This is what is listed for a 95 Dakota and the only grayish paint is the KS7. Here are all the codes for 1995. You can search other years also.
That had 1 of the 2 colors on my ‘93. Could be worth the effort to look.

Quick Reply: Need Chrysler paint code for lower body color charcoal grey metallic