Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

2000 b1500 Brake and ABS lights on

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 03:58 PM
OregonApe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 b1500 Brake and ABS lights on

Hi all, so since I bought this thing last year the Brake and ABS lights have been on. I found a guide somewhere on this site about disconnecting the battery to reset things and whatever that did changed it so that instead of coming on at startup and staying on, they come on, turn off, then about 30 seconds later come back on whether I am in park or drive.

This morning I went out and changed the speed sensor on the diff and then did another reset and nothing has changed. I also don't seem to have ABS based on the hard stop and skid I did a couple days ago (darn physics).

Suggestions?

Old 04-13-2024, 05:44 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Not sure if it applies to your van, but some vehicles will trigger that light when the brake fluid is low. You might check that and then get the codes read to find out more.

Old 04-30-2024, 01:02 AM
OregonApe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffersonracing
Not sure if it applies to your van, but some vehicles will trigger that light when the brake fluid is low. You might check that and then get the codes read to find out more.
Not low here. I have seen that on Nissans where it would give a traction control warning if brake fluid was at all low.

Quick Reply: 2000 b1500 Brake and ABS lights on