2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Bubble in NEW headliner. Possible fixes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 02:30 AM
OldNoob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bubble in NEW headliner. Possible fixes?

Ok so.. i skrewed up and the adhesive just dried so fast i struggled to keep up with. now after a week of being installed i have a 4 inch bubble where the adhesion between the foam and the board has let go. Any thoughts on a possible fix?
Will post pics tomorrow.

Old 04-29-2024, 04:44 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,211 Likes on 2,962 Posts

Stick a needle thru it, and squirt some adhesive in there. Either that, or take it down, strip it off, re-glue it, reinstall.... Yeah, that sounds like fun......

Old 04-29-2024, 07:47 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 576 Likes on 522 Posts

Originally Posted by OldNoob
Ok so.. i skrewed up and the adhesive just dried so fast i struggled to keep up with. now after a week of being installed i have a 4 inch bubble where the adhesion between the foam and the board has let go. Any thoughts on a possible fix?
Will post pics tomorrow.

Pull the headliner and place it cloth side up. Put a piece of plywood or something flat on the bubble and place some weight on it. If that doesn't work, a razor blade can cut it and you can spray some adhesive into the opening. Otherwise you need to pull and reglue the fabric.

Quick Reply: Bubble in NEW headliner. Possible fixes?