1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Pcm Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 02:42 PM
shannonbrimer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcm Help

So my 99 dodge durango would get to operating temp and my old pcm would get hot and throw a no bus code. So I ordered a new pcm got it today and transmission was having trouble accelerating off the line almost like it was in limp mode. The SUV will drive up to 40mph and stay with no issue and is at 2000rpm. The problem is it slow to get up there. So I ran a obd2 test and got P0743, P0443, and P0753. All of these codes was not on with the old pcm and showed up right away with new pcm. Needing any info I can get before I put more money into this. Also is it possible that they programmed it wrong? When I bought it they asked for my VIN only. I ready that they would also need my milage but they never asked for it so I never gave it. I don't want to buy the parts for these codes just for the problem to continue if its the new pcm.

99 Dodge Durango Slt 5.9L

Old 06-13-2024, 02:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,371 Likes on 3,112 Posts

If they showed up with the PCM, probably a bad PCM. Re-check the connections, and if those are good, go back to where you bought it.

Old 06-13-2024, 03:02 PM
shannonbrimer

Yeah I rechecked it I even put the old one back on to see if the codes was on the old pcm and no codes. But the old pcm is bad so not sure if a pcm causing no bus code will show the codes or not.

Old 06-13-2024, 07:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

No bus just means the cluster can't communicate with the PCM. If the CEL isn't on when things are working, then there are no codes..... the fact that they set immediately, kinda gives it away.

Old 06-13-2024, 07:17 PM
shannonbrimer

Originally Posted by HeyYou
No bus just means the cluster can't communicate with the PCM. If the CEL isn't on when things are working, then there are no codes..... the fact that they set immediately, kinda gives it away.
before the pcm overheats and throws no bus code I have a P0132 code. when the pcm overheats it loses communication and throws no bus code. I'm kind of not understanding you are you saying my new pcm is fine and those codes are correct? because I don't get those codes with the old pcm and car runs and drives fine until the pcm overheats.

Old 06-13-2024, 07:33 PM
shannonbrimer

I really need to double check my replies I didnt mean no codes on the old pcm i ment there was none of the codes on old pcm that i am getting on the new pcm if that makes any sence

Old 06-13-2024, 07:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I think the P0132 is an O2 sensor code??? But you aren't seeing that one on the new pcm?

If the truck runs/drives fine with the old one, till it gets hot.... but, immediately sets codes, and doesn't drive worth beans with the new one, the new one is bad.

Old 06-13-2024, 08:05 PM
shannonbrimer

yeah its all so odd to me thats why I am seeking information heres the info from pcms

Original PCM:
P0132
New PCM:
P0753
P0743
P0443

Now with my experience which isn't much some codes don't come back right away once battery has been disconnect for awhile and my battery was connected for a like 5 hours while I struggled to removal the factory ball joints to install new ones. Now I don't remember if it can happen with 02 sensor code but if possible the 02 sensor code just isn't registered in the new pcm yet?
And yeah just wanted to confirm I didn't have much options. I have lifetime warranty for new pcm but after talking to flagship it sounds like they might try to make me jump through hoops just to get a working one.

Last edited by shannonbrimer; 06-13-2024 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-13-2024, 11:53 PM
shannonbrimer

Originally Posted by shannonbrimer
yeah its all so odd to me thats why I am seeking information heres the info from pcms

Original PCM:
P0132
New PCM:
P0753
P0743
P0443

Now with my experience which isn't much some codes don't come back right away once battery has been disconnect for awhile and my battery was connected for a like 5 hours while I struggled to removal the factory ball joints to install new ones. Now I don't remember if it can happen with 02 sensor code but if possible the 02 sensor code just isn't registered in the new pcm yet?
And yeah just wanted to confirm I didn't have much options. I have lifetime warranty for new pcm but after talking to flagship it sounds like they might try to make me jump through hoops just to get a working one.
I couldn't sleep so did some digging and found away to search for pcm i needed based on my vin. I noticed the PN for PCM I need is 790148V and that just so happens to be the PN on the bad PCM. Flagship sent me a PCM with PN 56040148AA Would this be the wrong PCM? Or does it not matter?

Old 06-14-2024, 07:29 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Theoretically, they are both correct.... assuming you have the 5.9 engine.

Quick Reply: Pcm Help