3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 dodge ram 5.7 crank but no start? Timing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 04:39 PM
DnS1821
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 dodge ram 5.7 crank but no start? Timing?

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to put this question sorry if it's not. I have a 2007 ram 1500 5.7 hemi and I drive it daily with absolutely no issues, yesterday I drove it for awhile and everything was fine but when I started it again to leave my friends house it died (I was getting in a hurry and pulled the shifter into gear basically as the truck was just finishing firing up almost while it was still firing up, not sure if that matters) after it died I checked all fuses and the battery voltage (12.1) it has fuel in the tank, it didn't make any noises and doesn't make any noises now when it cranks, it sounds healthy. Every couple of rotations it will sputter a little almost as if it tried to fire but it doesn't. My scan tool shows the trucks ignition timing for #1 as -64 with key on and as 0 while cranking but I wasn't sure if that mattered with the truck off. I'm gonna get a fuel pressure gauge and check that but I was afraid it may have jumped time. What do you guys think and can I check the chain without tearing everything off the front to take off the cover? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-26-2024, 04:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,267 Likes on 3,014 Posts

More likely a fuel issue than a mechanical issue. See what fuel pressure looks like, go from there.

Quick Reply: 2007 dodge ram 5.7 crank but no start? Timing?