2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

hazzard lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2024, 08:45 AM
Wolfen1086
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default hazzard lights ?

ok my 96 ram 2500 8L has three hazzard lights working the passenger side front light doesnt work, AND the trun signal light one the dash does not flash with the hazzard lighte either
Any ideas? I'm leaning towards the multifunction switch. I have a new power probe on the way when it gets here I'm gonna put power to teh pin and see , butu I figured Id ask the experts on here first just in case the guy from china is walking with my new power probe, its a warrenty so..........

Old 07-21-2024, 03:58 PM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts

If the front right turn signal works normally but not when turning on the hazard lights then it's the MF switch. The switch uses three contacts internally for the hazards, one for both rear lights and one each for the front/dash lights. You can try to exercise it a couple dozen times and maybe spray some contact cleaner into it.

Old 07-22-2024, 08:49 AM
Wolfen1086
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks I'll try that before I order a new one, I dont have my power probe yet but I Do have a wire I ran from the pos on the battery to the wire that goes to the light and it light up, so that confirms my and your thought about the switch
Yet the right turn signal works LOL as log as my son works at the shope he works at I can get inspected and passed but my ocd wante EVERYTHIG the truck had originally to work

Quick Reply: hazzard lights ?