2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

2003 quad cab sxt water pump

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:23 PM
Jatr24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 quad cab sxt water pump

Hi been seeing a wet spot under driver side of engine last couple weeks .wasn't oil but was green water anti freeze .best idea is it's looks like coming from water pump.
so question is how difficult is it for some one with minimal auto repair knowledge to do.
ive changed breaks,starter, radiator, full front suspension and othe small problems .not sure if i can do this its the V6 3.9 2003 1008,00 miles and its the original water pump
​​thanks for any and all pointer

Old Today, 03:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,338 Likes on 3,080 Posts

Piece of cake. Just need basic hand tools. Hardest part is getting the fan off the water pump. I just put a pipe wrench on it, whacked it with a hammer a couple times to break it loose, then it came off by hand. (leave the belt on while you do this.)

I would verfiy where the leak is coming from first though. There is a bypass hose under the a/c bracket, and I have also had the timing cover leak..... and that dropped fluid on the drivers side......

The following users liked this post:
Jatr24 (Today)
Old Today, 04:14 PM
Jatr24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input .
how much did it leak on you when it was the timing cover .mine only drips a small amount.
I going to try and take a better look tomorrow for exact location.
Ps is the fan righty tightly and lefty loose as you look from front bumper or opposite
thanks again

Old Today, 05:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,338 Likes on 3,080 Posts

Fan is standard threads.

Mine started out as a drip, but, became a steady stream later.... I didn't the timing chain and gears while I was in there.

Quick Reply: 2003 quad cab sxt water pump