3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

15 Durango Key FOBs do not work

Search this Thread

Old Today, 08:02 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts
Default 15 Durango Key FOBs do not work

So I have a 15 Durango I noticed none of the buttons work (they did yesterday) but if I grab the handle it unlocks (pushing the button on the door handle will lock the doors also). Also starts without trouble. I scanned with AlphaObd and no codes. Any clue? Batteries are new I'm the FOBs I tried that first

Old Today, 08:13 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts

You have multiple fobs with the same issue?

Old Today, 11:42 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgetruck2
You have multiple fobs with the same issue?
Yes two. I though it might have been the RFH (Radio Frequency Hub) but that wouldnt explain why the passive entry works (the touch handles)

Old Today, 02:02 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

I wouldn't necessarily rule out the RF Hub just because the passive entry works. My girlfriend's Charger remote keyless still works, but the Bluetooth for the radio does not. Everything associated with the RF Hub other than the Bluetooth seems to be fine. If I unplug the RF Hub for several seconds, then plug it back it, the BT works for some amount of time before failing again. I opened the RF Hub hoping to find a bad solder joint or electrolytic capacitor with high ESR, but found nothing obviously bad. I even reflowed a few questionable solder joints to no avail.

Some parts stores have a display for testing key fobs for signal. Usually it's part of a countertop display with a variety of common fob batteries. You could try to confirm that both of your fobs are transmitting. I think AlfaOBD also has a datastream mode where you can monitor for the RF Hub receiving a fob key press. If the Hub never reports an RF signal, then you might check antenna connections. I seem to recall seeing a few folks who had antennas that came disconnected at the base of the liftgate. I don't recall their symptoms though, but it would seem worth checking into.

-Rod

Old Today, 02:15 PM
SHO Rod
All Star
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's the thread I was referring to re: the antenna connection in the rear, and the symptoms for at least one user seem consistent with what you're experiencing.
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...working-2.html

-Rod

Quick Reply: 15 Durango Key FOBs do not work