3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 TQ shutter?

Search this Thread

Old Today, 10:28 AM
apjcustoms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4.7 TQ shutter?

so after countless repairs , money and hours I finally got the truck running decent and driving smoothly and not even a week goes by and I start experiencing TQ shutter or what I believe to be TQ shutter starting around 45 mph . with 215k on the truck and tight resources I'm stuck in this position where I don't know what to do -20qt fluid exchange replace filters and hope for the best or replace TQ and have to do the fluid either way . also I see oil around where the main rear seal would leak but could be coming from valve cover on drivers side . I have to clean it up the best I can and try to pin that down but did notice my output shaft seal is leaking as well but when I was about to attempt to remove the drive shaft to replace the seal I couldn't get the bolts to break free by hand . even my large impact wouldn't budge them . normally wouldn't hesitate to attempt but every bolt under the hood that ive put a wrench on has snapped clean and I'm just spent mentally with this truck . I can't afford to made the wrong choice with this repair since its my only vehicle so any input from the community would be greatly appreciated ! I'm located near middletown NY if anyones close by and can assist as well . I just moved to the area and the only shop ive dealt with couldn't even handle a simple alignment job without issue so I'm pretty much on my own here .

Old Today, 11:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,384 Likes on 3,124 Posts

O/D engages around 45mph or so, does it not? On my full size trucks, what I thought was TC stutter/shudder, was actually an engine misfire.... Those get amplified in O/D, with TCC locked.

Quick Reply: 4.7 TQ shutter?