1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Educate me on seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2024 | 10:49 PM
Machomur
|
Professional
Default Educate me on seats

I have a 79 Macho Power Wagon clone. I bought it built but the seats are generic bucket seats, individually mounted with a separately mounted console between them. I’d like to get the correct ones. Does anyone know if the buckets in the LRE, Warlock and MPW were individually mounted or mounted on a full width frame with a buddy seat in between? Was there individually mounted buckets in any of the trucks? If I can find the right frames I can buy the correct seat covers and make it all work.

Old 10-18-2024 | 06:56 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

Here is a sales brochure for 78. The seats (lower left) are an option. Not exactly sure what years they where available on but i know 78 for sure. The frame is a round tube that the seats and buddy seat attach to. As in your other post i did a search on ebay and nothing came up so you may have a chore finding these. I can take pics of the seats i have if you like.

Old 10-18-2024 | 07:41 AM
Machomur
|
Professional

Thanks Moparite. That seat was also available in 79 for sure, I have the 79 brochure. I expect the bench seat was standard equipment. I’ll post a picture of my console when I get home in a couple days. I’m fairly certain that it’s Dodge but maybe not correct for 78 or 79. My 79 clone was built with a 78 cab. So what I’d like to do is put in the driver and passenger seat from the brochure picture but without the smaller centre seat and I’m not sure if they were ever available individually. There’s a pair of seats in Ohio for sale that are from a 60s A-100 that look very similar, low back and rather square but without knowing the dimensions of each I’m reluctant to grab them. It would be a grand fair the seats and proper new covers from Legendary and if they don’t for each other, then what?

Old 10-18-2024 | 09:11 PM
Machomur
|
Professional

Ok, I’m starting to rethink this. My research today showed that my console is an 81-93. As much as I love the bigger console I’m now thinking of pitching it and the seats and putting in the proper arrangement. In the proper seat/console setup does the “console” have compartment in it to store things or is it just a small seat with a back that folds down for an armrest?

Old Yesterday | 07:22 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

The top opens up and there is a compartment under it.

The following users liked this post:
Machomur (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 08:19 AM
Machomur
|
Professional

What are the dimensions of the compartment? I need to be sure the stereo equipment will fit in

Old Today | 07:50 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion

What stereo equipment? It's a closed compartment, Not good for an amp or something that needs air to cool. You have plenty of room in the cab for stereo equipment. I have an amp in mine that's under the passenger seat. And a sub box behind it.

Old Today | 08:03 AM
Machomur
|
Professional

Moparite I truly appreciate your help on this.
Yes the stereo equipment is an amp and whatever goes with it. The system was in the truck when I bought it but I also keep a roll of blue towels, a notebook, etc in there so I’d hate to loose that space.
Excuse me for being naive but I’ve never seen one of these in person. It will likely cost me a couple grand to buy the seat and seat covers and get someone to add the foam. There’s a local upholstery guy that added foam to my Challenger seats and did a fantastic job. The question becomes do I spend that money on a clone. Before I make that decision I need to be clear in my mind how this will all play out.

Last edited by Machomur; Today at 08:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Educate me on seats