3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2020 sxt no start

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2024 | 11:01 PM
amps1956
|
Default 2020 sxt no start

not sure if this is correct place but in need of help My Durango was in a minor wreck took to a body shop they killed battery's then tried to jump it. but I believe they may have arced the terminals 1st they replaced main battery then when I went to pick up I had no A/C so they called a guy that was supposed to know what he was doing he found a blown fuse on A/C of course he played it off as something that happens all the time ( BS in my opinion ) but he changed it .messed with it some more and then my stop /start light came on so he said drive it a few days he will figure it out so I did it seemed to be OK just no stop start then boom went to start it just turned over and over no fire. so called they had a wrecker come get it and when they got in it fired up so he messed with it and they gave it back but stop start not working so I called him he drive it and it should start and it started working now and then not every time so I drove it then again no start same as before sent to local dealer they kept it for 4 weeks and I finally talked to the parts changer ( supposed mechanic )he said oh that's small battery so they changed it said its fixed I picked it up drove 3 days same again so I go back to dealer( clown central) then I showed them a video oh its the fuel pump that they first said it was ( I seriously don't think so ) they what me to pay again for what they deemed repaired so my question has anyone had their Durango do this ?? it did it again this morning but now fires up I think its a diode somewhere maybe breaking and the cooling back off I am lost its got 55,500 on it no prior issues ! thank you in advance don't rate my writing I have a problem don't need English lesson
update its not starting at all today this only seems to happen when the stop start messes up that is why I do not believe fuel pump

Old 10-26-2024 | 12:54 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

If you have a no crank problem. Check the wire going to the starter. They do come loose. You should have two batteries for the vehicle. one is the main battery and the 2nd one is for the stop./start function. There was a recall for the fuel pump relay in in the Tipm module, that is where the fuses and relays are in. Take the relay out for the fuel pump and try switching the relay in another circuit.

The following users liked this post:
amps1956 (Yesterday)
Old 10-26-2024 | 06:48 PM
amps1956
|

on what year is recall ? its a no start it turns over like someone pulled coil wire then go out 2 hours later it runs fine

Old Yesterday | 05:59 PM
amps1956
|

no body have a clue ? guess its time to go buy a toyota

Old Today | 01:17 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech

Have you check with the dealer about recalls? I use to be able to pull recalls. But now I'm retired. Call your local dealer and get them either the 17 vin numbers and letters or the last 9. They can tell you if you have any outstanding recalls.

Quick Reply: 2020 sxt no start