Suspension Is your ride slammed to the ground? Did you lift it so high you need a ladder to get in? Step in and let's talk about it.

Custom built lift......

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:41 AM
wildthing4870
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom built lift......

I wanted a 6 inch lift for my 99 reg. cab short box. So since my leaf springs were broke and sprung i started there. I was told by summit racing Skyjacker makes a 6 inch lift leaf, so i bought it from them. Then i supposedly picked up the 2.5 coil springs from the same guy there. Called up my buddy in SLC at Shuab had him order me all the drop brackets pitman arm shocks all that good stuff from tuff country. So the day comes to put this nice easy six inch lift together. We are in the process of bolting **** up and we notice it's a lot taller than it was suposed to be. It turns out skyjacker does not make those sizes. They sold me 5 inch lift for the front and 7 inch lift for the rear, so total with my 3 inch coil spacers it became an 8 inch lift all the way around. Its pretty sweet so far it rides like a one ton but still not done with it. I am gonna put a 4 inch block in the rear for the purpose of hauling stuff, and now i have to get the skyjacker long arm kit for control arms cause bumps are a killer with short arms. I am havin the front driveline modified by a local shop here so the 4 wheel drive can be used again, and i need to extend brake lines. And of course bigger tires now.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:24 PM
4x4kota
Veteran
Default RE: Custom built lift......

sounds pretty cool. Pics?

Old 10-20-2007, 12:37 PM
wildthing4870
Rookie

Ya I got pics but I dunno how to get them up here. It's got 9 in the rear now with 37x13.50x17 Toyo Mud Terrains now.

Old 02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
99RedSportRam

Hoping for some pics... good job!!

Quick Reply: Custom built lift......