Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

HIDeXtra New Trial Price $43.99/Kit ONLY one week!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:54 PM
RamMN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the dodge doing then? Would you recommend this kit for a 06 ram?

Old 08-30-2010, 08:57 PM
dawgfan
Rookie

Originally Posted by hidextra.com
email replied with installation diagram attached.
Let me know if you have any question~
thank you very much, that is what I needed. If I want to upgrade my Hi beams and fog lights, are separate ballests required for each?

Also and most importantly, I am not using the capacitor harnesses on my Ram 2500 since I fried one trying to hook it up on the jeep. I have yet to notice any "flickering"; is this the only purpose of the capacitors, or are there other dangers to my system if I don't use them? If you do recommend I use them, how do I purchase another set(capacitors only)?
Phil

PS, I haven't driven the 2500 or operated the lights for more than a few minutes, waiting to get confirmation that it is ok to operate them without the capacitor harnesses, but the kit on the jeep looks awsome!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:11 PM
dawgfan
Rookie

Originally Posted by RamMN
How is the dodge doing then? Would you recommend this kit for a 06 ram?
They both look great and were very simple to hook up (once I received the correct instructions and diagrams!) I haven't driven my 2500 yet until I am 100% sure it is safe to operate it without the extra capacitors. I will post back once I have more info.

Let me say that I have bought similar kits (other brands) before for past vehicles and bikes, and most of them cost 2-3 times the price of these. And I can say the more expensive kits did seem to be assembled a little better (ie.- fully heat-shrinked harnesses and connectors, much better instructions/diagrams) but these look just as good and seem to have their color temps correct (some companies fall short in this area) As far as longevity... we will see. And they obviously do have the correct and clear instructions that are kit specific because they sent me the right ones the 2nd time around, they just need to figure out a way to duplicate them, send them with each kit, and post them on the website!

Old 08-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Matt99
Champion

h7 kit for a volvo s60...does this need a capacitor harness?

Old 08-31-2010, 03:22 PM
hidextra.com
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Matt99
h7 kit for a volvo s60...does this need a capacitor harness?
Yes, you will need capacitors.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Is this sale over with or is in continuation of the original expiration date??

Old 08-31-2010, 05:36 PM
mikesa_tx
Professional

I talked with Karen from HID today and she stated that the $43.99 is still going on. These kits are AWESOME. Come with everything you need.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 PM
jose13b
Veteran

i need to jump on this sale what color are people ordering the most 8000k or 10000k

Old 09-01-2010, 12:28 AM
dawgfan
Rookie

one more time...

I am not using the capacitor harnesses on my Ram 2500 (9007 Hi/Lo kit) since I fried one trying to hook it up on the jeep( no directions included). I have yet to notice any "flickering"; is this the only purpose of the capacitors, or are there other dangers to my system if I don't use them? If you do recommend I use them, how do I purchase another set(capacitors only)?
Phil

PS, I haven't driven the 2500 or operated the lights for more than a few minutes, waiting to get confirmation that it is ok to operate them without the capacitor harnesses, but the kit on the jeep looks awsome!

Quick Reply: HIDeXtra New Trial Price $43.99/Kit ONLY one week!!