West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 08:37 PM
MYSRT4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS

I just want everyone here in the local area of Portland / Vancouver to stay away from Allen Webbs Vancouver Mazda Dodge. They recently have changed owners and i believe along with other people in this area that they are shotty and unreliable. Heres the situation I have a 03 SRT4 that i have taken to them many times before they were bought By Allen Webb I never had any problems. About six months ago i started to have a clicking in the tranny axle areas somewhere in that area mainly when I turned left at least it got louder when i turned left so i took it to Vancouver Dodge. After we talked a while they came to the conclusion it was the drivers side cv joint they replaced it. I got my car back and did not even make it a quarter mile and the noise was as plain as day. So i took it back the service manager told me that it needed to break or get considerably worse before they could fix it "THEY DID NOT WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLORE THE PROBLEM". Anyway I drove it around for 2 months then i had the stage 3 put on with 3" exaust and clutch masters stage 3 clutch. The noise got worse so i took it back. The service manager again told me this time it was my wheel bearings so they replaced my drivers side inner and outer bearings. Guess what i drove it for about 2 miles this time the noise was the same i took it back and they told me maybee i should take it to another dealership "HOW PROFESSIONAL" so i did I went to Timberline Dodge in Portland WHAT A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE But they said since Vancouver Dodge had so many open tickets on my car with no solutions they would prefer that i took it back to Vancouver Dodge. But Timberline still took the time to drive it and check it out and give me an idea on the problem. 3 techs took it for a ride and all 3 of them said it is not the tranny it is something in the drivesahfts or in that area because the noise does not stop when you push in the clutch and it does stop when you swerve back and forth on the road anyway all 3 techs at Timberline Dodge ruled out the tranny. So i took it back to Vancouver Dodge instantly they say it is the passanger side bearings they did the bearings and i think for the first time drove it after their repairs and said the noise is still there so they think it is the tranny. So after about a week i call them because no one is calling me to let me know what is going on and they tell me that all that noise is the clutch that i had put in when i did the stage 3 go figure " COMPLAINED ABOUT THE NOISE MONTHS BEFORE I PUT THE CLUTCH IN" anyway they showed me a part out of the tranny "the shifting fork" and showed me some marks on it "which to me and the techs where i had the clutch done and Timberline Dodge techs just plain wear marks" Vancouver Dodge said that the shifting fork has been modified or grinded to fit. These guys at Vancouver dodge are the most crooked people i have ever dealt with to take a consumer and lie to him so he has to pay for tranny work is beyond me all they had to do is say that there was a problem with the shifting fork and it would have been all covered by warranty 600 bucks out of my pocket at christmas with a brand new baby

Old 12-22-2005, 06:40 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS

Sorry to hear that. I deal with them to. I haven't had the problems that you've stated. As a matter of fact, I bought both of my Daks from them. I've always gotten good service from them.

The only thing though, is I took my truck in to have my new CAI installed. The guy that did it, apparently didn't read the full instructions, and doesn't understand what a CAI is for. When he installed it, he didn't unplug the battery, nor did he make sure that I'd be pulling in cold air and not engine air. The snorkle coming from the air box has about an inch in clearance. I'm going to have to adjust it myself.

When the Seahawks were slaughtering the Eagles on MNF, I went out and disconnected the battery cable to reset the computer.

They have changed over some serious staff there. Have you tried talking to Mike Elders? That's who I deal with all of the time. He's alwasy been very goo to me.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:21 PM
MYSRT4
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is mike someone higher up than john the service manager because he is an ******* when i told him that what they were doing is not going to fix the problem which it did not i still have the clicking noise when i turn left he pretty much told me that i was stupoid and i am not a tech so how would i know i asked him if the noise was still there would i get my money back he would not answer me he just walked away

Old 12-22-2005, 09:38 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No. Mike is one of the services guys that works in the office. He's the older of the two. Talk to him. Tell him what the problem is, and what you found out through the three techs. Ask him if he can start there. Mike and I are friends. Just tell him that Todd Stone told you to talk to him and that I have faith that he'll get it taken care of.

Mikes a car buff and knows his stuff.

Quick Reply: Allen Webbs/Vancouver Dodge SUCKS