Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The tire shop damaged my wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Andy69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The tire shop damaged my wheels

I was out of town and our 05 GC developed a bulge in one of the rear tires. I had planned to replace them both when I returned but it couldn't wait so the missiz took it in to the local Firestone to get two new tires on the rear.

Fast forward to last week, I'd been back for a couple of days and was driving it for the first time and I saw damage on the left rear wheel. It was also greasy and dirty. I checked the right rear and it also had damage although not as bad.

Both rear wheels looked like the fronts before she brought it in, which I have pictured below for comparison.

I took the van back to the shop last Friday (the day I noticed), and was assured the manager would call me. It's now Tuesday and still no call. I plan on calling him but first I wanted to see if you folks had some input as to the damage.

Thanks for any help.

Right rear:

Right rear close up:

Left rear:

left rear showing damage:

for comparison purposes, here are the two front wheels. The rears were in similar condition and state of cleanliness when the van was brought in:

Old 05-30-2011, 11:10 PM
93DakspoRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is unacceptable for them to do that. Tell them to replace the wheels for you. If they don't, threaten to report to BBB about the situation and that they will lose a customer.

Quick Reply: The tire shop damaged my wheels