1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Exhaust system question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 01:17 AM
W0LF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust system question

So I bought piping from advance auto from the manifold back to where the muffler is. it hasnt arrived yet. The previous owner did a really bad job patching up a hole. And put a fat can on it and with the slight exhaust leak it sounds terrible.

So I'm trying to find a good muffler to go with the new piping. I know doing a cat back would be the smartest. Put if i can get away with just doing a muffler I want to do that. I want a deep sound thats not obnoxious like the fart can. But I don't want it to be super loud.

Also I want dual tip. So Ive been looking at the Thrush welded, Thrush turbo, and any other good sounding mufflers.

Ive looked through other muffler threads and someone said something about Magnaflow. But there isnt a part number that I can find. So any help would be awesome!

Old 08-11-2014, 04:37 AM
simmonsfr
Professional

I have stock exhaust. My friend has flowmasters on his 3000gt and it sounds good. If mine goes bad, that's what I will get. I was looking on youtube and it seems to me the flowmaster super 44 is popular and sounds good, not like a fart can.

Last edited by simmonsfr; 08-11-2014 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:19 PM
W0LF

Originally Posted by simmonsfr
I have stock exhaust. My friend has flowmasters on his 3000gt and it sounds good. If mine goes bad, that's what I will get. I was looking on youtube and it seems to me the flowmaster super 44 is popular and sounds good, not like a fart can.
So a thrush welded (flowmaster knock off) would work? I am curious about the magnaflow though

Old 08-13-2014, 07:16 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by W0LF
So a thrush welded (flowmaster knock off) would work? I am curious about the magnaflow though
I had a magnaflow on my 3.0 (pretty much same motor) I hated it. It sounded like rice. Dull flat BLAAAAHHHHH sound.

I now have a walker SFX muffler. My car sounds like a v8 at idle, is quiet for cruising, and has a really good note at WOT.

Old 08-14-2014, 02:21 PM
W0LF

Originally Posted by smokesxt
I had a magnaflow on my 3.0 (pretty much same motor) I hated it. It sounded like rice. Dull flat BLAAAAHHHHH sound.

I now have a walker SFX muffler. My car sounds like a v8 at idle, is quiet for cruising, and has a really good note at WOT.
Funny I just got the cat back exhaust pipe from Advance auto thats made by Walker. But i will totally look into the Walker SFX muffler now that you said that. The ricer sound i have right now is terrible. And the exhaust leak doesnt help it. So im really trying hard to find a muffler that sounds good but isnt ridiculously loud.

What about a flowmaster 60 series? Ive read they are made for smaller engines?

Old 08-14-2014, 03:16 PM
W0LF

Originally Posted by smokesxt

Do you have the model number for the SFX Muffler? The only one i can see that fits is the quiet flow ss muffler. Is that just a stock replacement?

Last edited by W0LF; 08-14-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:04 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by W0LF
Do you have the model number for the SFX Muffler? The only one i can see that fits is the quiet flow ss muffler. Is that just a stock replacement?
I do not. I just got a universal one that was the right size.

My car is 3" pipe so mine wouldn't work for you anyway.

Old 08-14-2014, 04:07 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

www.walkerexhaust.com Look em' up by size and have your parts store order one.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:19 AM
brianroark

know this is a older threat but for future reference summit sells really good mufflers that are cheap and replicas of flowmaster. excellent value and 5 stars by a great number of people that have went this route.

flowmaster chambered clones and flowmaster turbo style clones.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...turbo-mufflers
http://www.summitracing.com/search/p...-race-mufflers

Quick Reply: Exhaust system question