1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:24 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: 4WD
Print Wikipost

Dakota transfer case inner change with Ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chrislipscomb28
I have a 92 dodge 4x4 trying to find easy way tto fill without haveing to remove it. Tried to put a hose on trans oil bottle to make ease of filling but it just wants to pour back out the fill orfice any help would be great
If it's pouring back out the fill hole, it's probably full. How much are you trying to put in it? They don't really hold much.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 92 dodge 4x4 trying to find easy way tto fill without haveing to remove it. Tried to put a hose on trans oil bottle to make ease of filling but it just wants to pour back out the fill orfice any help would be great
Harbor freight sells a nice little fluid pump for under $5. I used one when I replaced the seals and gaskets on my front differential the gasket on my rear axle. Also good for brake fluid on a motorhome. The seals on the pump tend to die quickly, but the little pumps are so cheap they're disposable. Get some nitrile gloves, too

Old 07-09-2015, 12:12 AM
brutalwarpig
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upper fill hole?

if it's pouring out of the upper fill opening (which is to the right of and about an inch above the drain plug) then the T-case is full.

Quick Reply: Dakota transfer case inner change with Ram