1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Gas mileage dropoff

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 06:21 PM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

Is it possible my new larger bore exhaust from the Y back is causing me to consume more gas?
I tightened up the U clamps today after a long drive got it hot. It was surprising how much the nuts drew up since I made it as tight as I could when I installed it.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:20 PM
onemore94dak
Record Breaker
Received 131 Likes on 123 Posts

I changed out the plugs. I had replaced two with different brands over the last year. I managed to break one of the new ones so I cleaned up the best used one of the manufacturer recommended brand (Champion) and installed it where I can replace it easy. I don't have any MPG changes to report as I haven't driven much yet but I have noticed a gas smell when I start it?????? It "feels" like gas is pouring into the motor and not giving the power it should as well. The feeling is that its not quite responding as soon as I change the angle of the peddle and it seems like there should be more power than I am getting. It jumps and goes when I punch it, way better than it ever did before I fixed the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Gas mileage dropoff