1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

What did you pay for your Durango?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soncjet
I think I got mine for a fair price... not a steal. but yet not too much... but $2,800 for an 00 R/T. it needs some TLC... but just cosmetic stuff.

I was specifically looking for something with 4x4 and 3rd row, so it fit the bill. I just wish it was any color OTHER than black. 170k, leather is real nice, hood and bumper are both dinged up pretty good... but new tires, new exhaust, and a bunch of routine maintenance records to go along with it. oh. and dog hair. lots of dog hair. ;-)
Was the $2,800 a dealer price or a private sale? Either way not a bad deal as i have found that most of the dealers around here have our trucks priced between 2-4K. Every once in a great while you'll find some local dumb@ss trying to sell one for 8k because it an "R/T" and they polished the leather up nice...

As far as the cosmetic stuff they are all pretty cheap, easy Saturday projects. A little tip: i have found that if you take duct tape and make donuts (with the sticky side up of course) to fit around your fingers and then just keep taping on the carpet till its full seems to work the best with dog hair.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:07 PM
soncjet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

private sale. had it up for 3500? I think. she had it for 12 or so years. but aside from their son, was the last piece of the puzzle tying her to the ex. haha. which made for a very interesting title transfer ;-)

I used to detail cars... so all the little tricks are coming back to me. what I found works best, is we have a rubber dog brush. it's like a glove, but with a couple hundred little fingers. that works about the best. just pretend that you're brushing your dog, then vaccum it up. rubber gloves also work well for normal hair, just by rubbing back and forth on carpet / upholstery.

there's a small lot on 322, down towards Ephrata has a slightly newer red r/t, and a black one with some funky red stripes. they were closed when I came by, or else I would have stopped just to see what they wanted for it.

I'll be at Spring Carlisle for work on Wednesday... I want to pick up some sort of R/T badges - even if it is for something older, and not quite the right style.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by soncjet
private sale. had it up for 3500? I think. she had it for 12 or so years. but aside from their son, was the last piece of the puzzle tying her to the ex. haha. which made for a very interesting title transfer ;-)

I used to detail cars... so all the little tricks are coming back to me. what I found works best, is we have a rubber dog brush. it's like a glove, but with a couple hundred little fingers. that works about the best. just pretend that you're brushing your dog, then vaccum it up. rubber gloves also work well for normal hair, just by rubbing back and forth on carpet / upholstery.

there's a small lot on 322, down towards Ephrata has a slightly newer red r/t, and a black one with some funky red stripes. they were closed when I came by, or else I would have stopped just to see what they wanted for it.

I'll be at Spring Carlisle for work on Wednesday... I want to pick up some sort of R/T badges - even if it is for something older, and not quite the right style.
Never got my attention that there where no badges on it... you would need "5.9 R/T" to have the correct badge.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:43 PM
jtm01
Default new to the fourm

Hey I just picked up a 01 Durango 5.9 4x4 for 400$ its got 196k and runs really good its not to bad with rust. I think I got a steal of a deal. Its got a few issues with it but I plan on keeping it around for a while.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds like you got a good deal for $400

Old 04-22-2014, 08:21 AM
jtm01
Default 400$ Durango

Originally Posted by that_guy
Sounds like you got a good deal for $400
I hope I did all though I'm having a stalling issue I can't seem to figure out what is causing it to do it

Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jtm01
I hope I did all though I'm having a stalling issue I can't seem to figure out what is causing it to do it
Most likely battery/battery connections or the IAC. Give the battery connections a good cleaning with a wire brush and see if that fixes it.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
jtm01

Originally Posted by that_guy
Most likely battery/battery connections or the IAC. Give the battery connections a good cleaning with a wire brush and see if that fixes it.
Yea I put in a new battery and new terminals and I plan on buying a new iac for it this weekend

Old 04-26-2014, 01:34 PM
dodgedakota98luver
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid 880 for my 01 then I bought a parts truck for 800 and put the front clip on it (found one the same color so no money in paint) then I have a 170 dollar radiator so I've got 1850 plus about 20 hours of my time in my 2001 SLT its got 141000 miles on it. 5.9 V8 4x4 all leather interior.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:24 PM
ericcarr2000
Rookie

I paid $2800 for mine about 4 years ago and it had around 175,000 miles on her. Since then I had to get the transmission rebuilt, replaced the front differential (the place that rebuilt the transmission neglected to install a few of the front bolts that hold the differential to the motor and .....SNAP... the damn casing broke). I MADE them buy another one and installed it myself. I also put all new tires on her. Pretty much I love my Durango. It tows my 7500 pound boat pretty easily.
Now she has 220,000 miles on her....

Last edited by ericcarr2000; 04-26-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your Durango?