99 Durango SLT 4x4 Transmission not shifting
Just bought a 99 Durango SLT 4x4 for $1000 from a towing company. Dealer had put a ECM in it and the people didn't pay the bill. It's been sitting for a while.
Got it to my buddies shop and got oil, filter, plugs, belts, ball joints etc all done, got it over and got inspected but having transmission problems.
Been reading tons of stuff on here but here is what is going on:
- shifting late into second and not shifting up into 3-4
- got it shifting ok into 1-2 but then the abs & brake light would come on and won't shift. (speedometer is working properly - not sure about cruise)
- cleaned both sensors, changed fluid & filter, added Lucus (tranny fluid was nasty)
- trans is not slipping. Got it to shift up into 3rd twice then the abs and brake light would come on and wouldn't shift
- also seemed to pull down the engine when you first put it into drive. Kind of thinking the kick down may be stuck. Going to check that Monday.
- Only has an abs sensor on the rear diff. The front did not have any abs sensors on it.
I keep coming back to the sensors or solenoids. Figured out it had a Jasper rebuilt transmission in it. The ECM appears to be the new one the dealer put in. Not showing any codes for the speed or diff sensor.
Any suggestions? (or further questions) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully since nothing is slipping and it has been sitting something is just stuck and not high dollar.