1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Flowmaster baby!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Flowmaster baby!

Well I just thought I'd let you guys know I'm about to go out and get myself the Super 40 today. My wife fought me tooth and nail on spending money on something I wanted with the tax return but I am getting this and will be getting my t/s lift on my CC after I drop some money on that from the taxes.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:10 PM
deerang
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flowmaster baby!

YEA ANOTHER FM S40!! IMO they are far superior to any magnaflow, borla, etc.. muffler out there. I hope the wife knows just how loud its gonna be in there, quite alot of interior resonance. Gotta put osme pics up after you do the T/S lift.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Mean Green
Champion

Well a little update I got it done for 120 (I was getting quotes as high as 300 for just the muffler install) This guy could have done a cat-back for me for 250 but I'm good with this. I ended up getting the fm 40 instead of the super 40 since it is even less restrictive and it sounds awesome. I don't think the interior resonance is bad but I guess I'll see when I get on the highway. All I can say is when I came home I was revving it to hear what it sounds like outside of the truck and I set my neighbors car alarm off.I have something to add to my sig now.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:43 PM
deerang
All Star

Wow, good price. I got my Super 40 for $160, and go it installed for 30, buddy father owns a shop and wouldn't let it be done for free. I've never heard a 40 series, besides the flowmaster website, but i can imagine that it sounds awesome with the 5.9L. the 5.9 has 3 inch exhaust right?

Old 03-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Mean Green
Champion

2.5But it sounds great man. I actually wanted ita little louder but it's good and the poweris great when I'm rolling already. It kinda felt like I lost a small bit of low end power but I could be wrong. I was doing punches going down the street and it picks up a lot better now. I hope I can keep my foot out of it...

Old 03-21-2007, 08:23 PM
deerang
All Star

I know i couldnt keep my foot out of it for a while. The sound will also get deeper and louder as the muffler breaks-in. At least i noticed that with the S40. I love the sound when it downshifts from 3-2 or 2-1 when you punch it hard. I do it beside ricers and watch them jump at the sheer volume of the exhast.

I dont know why I thought that the 318 and 360 had 3 inch exhaust, well at least now i know

Old 03-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Mean Green
Champion

About how long did it take for your muffler to break in because I would love some more tone.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:58 PM
deerang
All Star

it took mea lil over a month,but I wasn't driving very far at a time. I'd say after 1000mi it'll be good and broken in.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 AM
ganzhimself
Professional

Do either of you have the ability to record how loud the S40 is inside the cab? I'm thinking about getting my exhaust done, but I'm not sure if the S40 is going to be too loud or not.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:08 AM
deerang
All Star

I can do that for you, but it wont be till next weekend, 30th. I'm at school right now and the D is back home.
If you are thinking that interior noise is going to be an issue, I'm pretty sure you don't want a S40. But I will take a sound clip for you next weekend.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster baby!