2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Nobus code

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 05:22 PM
Ron VanDuser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nobus code

I have a 2002 dacota 4wd 4.7 engine i was driveing the otherday when the engine just shut off an a nobus code appered in the odometer. Sence then i was doing some reading an have replaced the speed sencer an the crankshaft position sencer no luck still nobus i was checking the ground straps npt touching anything when i heard the engine click so i went around to see i had left the key on an i was able to start the engine so the next day i went to start it an agine nobus so l left the key on shure enough 10 min later the nobus went away i started the engine letit idle it seemed to run normal it stalled after about ten min but i was able to start it can sombody please help me out i cant affordto take it to a shop i could fix it if i knew what to fix

Old 07-05-2019, 09:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

What were you dinkin' with when it came back to life? Any chance you can repeat that?

Old 07-07-2019, 08:21 PM
Ron VanDuser
Default Nobus

I wasent really doing anything just takeing voltage readings on some of the sensers when i heard it click on so the next day i just turned the key on an left it on 10 to 15 min latet the nobus went away and the engine would run normaly i have done this a few times to see if it would. Repete an it did am starting to think it might be a relay

Old 07-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Ron VanDuser
Default Anybody else

Does anybody else have any info to offer

Old 07-10-2019, 02:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

Usually that's a sign of a failing sensor..... anything on the 5 volt bus could be the culprit. Of course, that means, a lot of possibilities...... including the PCM itself. If it's a hard failure, (I.E. No bus all the time, as soon as you turn the key on...) start disconnecting sensors, one at a time, until things wake up. Start with the O2 sensors. The rears are pretty common culprits.... but, not always....

Quick Reply: Nobus code