2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Qs about new SXT

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 12:59 AM
MrWinn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Qs about new SXT

My sister just bought a 04 SXT w/70k on the odometer. I believe that there should be a trunk light. I bought a new bulb, but now I need to find out where it goes. I would appreciate any help you can give me. I'm more of a visual learner so pictures would be most helpful. Also are there any mandatory maintenance items @ 71k that should be addressed?

Thank you for your time,

John

Old 09-30-2010, 01:55 AM
iThane
Rookie

first off, welcome to the forums!

and your trunk light is on the roof of your trunk, directly to the Right of your Left speaker. here's a picture, sorry its a little hard to see, but i took it during the night.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5937126_n.jpg

also, if you refer to your owner's manual, in the maintenance section, there are 2 maintenance schedules. Schedule "B" and Schedule "A". Use the schedule which better suits your driving. "B" is the schedule for someone who would drive the car often. "A" is for those who manage to go 6 months and only put 6,000 miles on their car. i follow schedule "B", and if you were to also, at 70,000, if the schedule was followed, you should have just gotten an oil change and a new oil filter 1,000 miles ago. at 72,000, it recommends you "change engine oil and engine oil filter.", and "inspect the front brake pads and rear brake linings and rotors." you can find where im at on this schedule on page 210 in your Owner's manual.

if you really want a visual on how to replace your trunk light, i usually go to

http://www.youtube.com/user/1aauto

they have a lot of videos about all sorts of stuff. i bet you could find out how to change out your trunk light bulb somewhere in this youtube channel.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:51 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting summary of the driving schedules, lol. Not a whole lot at 72,000 miles though. Engine oil and filter. Trans fluid and filter should have been done already if it's an auto (about 60,000 miles under "normal" conditions or 48,000 I think under "severe"), but most people never touch it. The ~$30 might be worth it just to be sure it has been changed.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:12 AM
BroodRed
Professional

I'd recommend taking a look at your brake pads and rotors. My 02 just broke 62k and I'm replacing both.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:33 PM
AnthemBassMan
Veteran

-I'm replacing them both on my '05 with 85k. Did the pads once a while back, but used lower cost ones just to get by. This time I'm getting the ceramics. $158 for lifetime rotors and ceramic pads. A bit steep, but I'm not going with racing pads and stuff. She's just a stock daily driver. And a good one at that...

L8R,
Matt

Old 10-01-2010, 07:45 PM
MrWinn
Default Everything gone wrong

Thanks for all the replies. She was out driving yesterday and the check engine light came on and she panicked and pulled into a small garage. They told her that the plugs/wires needed to be replaced. Fine. She left it over night now this morning she was told it needs a coil. She told them OK. This afternoon she got a phone call telling her that they did not do the coil because it needed a rebuilt head. When I heard the car I could not hear could not hear this knock. I saw it in a broken drivers mirror but didn't think much of it.What do you peps think of this situation? What can i do to help her (assuming she lets me).

Once again, Thanks for the help

John

Old 10-02-2010, 05:09 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd tell the shop to go F themselves, for starters. Why do they believe the top-end needs to be replaced? Neons do just tick, for the hell of it. Some louder than others. I'd pay for the plugs and wires and leave. That's me...

Old 10-02-2010, 10:35 AM
iThane
Rookie

Originally Posted by darthroush
I'd tell the shop to go F themselves, for starters. Why do they believe the top-end needs to be replaced? Neons do just tick, for the hell of it. Some louder than others. I'd pay for the plugs and wires and leave. That's me...
agreed. sounds to me like they're just coming up with more and more excuses. i personally wouldn't allow them to rebuilt my engine either. i drove my van with 2 failed cylinders and 2 other weak ones, and it lasted me an entire year. and i even managed to sell the van without even repairing it!