2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:20 AM
Brad91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Where are you getting a price tag of 6k for an Atlas? It's more in the 3k range. Call AA and talk with them about what you want then look around for a vendor that has a good price.
That was a quote from the shop that does all the work on my truck. $3,000 is a lot better but still a lot of money. I'm just looking for a used or remanufactured one right now. Something cheap to get me by. That's why I was wondering if the DHD can bolt right up in place of the DLD. They seem to be more accessible and cheaper around here.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

DHD will indeed bolt right in, and hook right up. (provided it is a 98 or newer t-case. things changed. ) You *might* have to address rear driveshaft length though..... as the HD case I think is an inch or so longer.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:15 PM
Brad91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
DHD will indeed bolt right in, and hook right up. (provided it is a 98 or newer t-case. things changed. ) You *might* have to address rear driveshaft length though..... as the HD case I think is an inch or so longer.
So if I get a DHD I need to try to get a driveshaft from the same donor vehicle? As long as the transmission to rear axle length is the same that is.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

If you could get the driveshaft as well, that would be nice, and make sure you have what you need. Truck just needs to be the same body-style/bed length. I don't *think* the front shaft is different..... I think the HD case just has a wider chain.

Quick Reply: Ideas???